God Gave Me You

What made me search for that website? What made you friend request me? What made me spill my heart out to you? What made me tell you everything… when I told those closest to me nothing? Why were you so special?

Because God gave me you….

He answered my unspoken prayers for someone to listen. Someone to let me know that I was still loved. You called me your angel. You swore up and down that I was an angel sent to you by God. But I swore that I wasn’t… that you were the angel. I wish I could put into words how much I love you and how thankful I am for you. I thank God every morning and every night for you. You brought me back to reality when I had been living behind a curtain of pain for so long. You made me realize that there is always hope in God and that no matter what he would be there. You made me see that no matter how bad things were… there was always some good in it. That my prayers did get answered.

You said I could do anything. That I could endure anything. That I was the strongest person you had ever met. You told me you loved me. You told me everything. Then you left. I cry myself to sleep every night. Still thanking God for sending you to me. They say everybody is here for a reason. You were my saving grace. You were God’s loving mercy in the flesh. I hope that while you’re gone you’re helping other people see what you made me see. I hope that one day you’ll come back to me… and somehow, in someway, I can return the favor you gave me. Until then, I will continue thanking God for you and praying for you. Praying that you will walk with Him and be with Him forever. So that maybe one day… when both of our times have come. I will get to see you in Heaven. Maybe then you can meet my daddy. I would love for you to meet him. I think he would like you.

Thank you for listening. Thank you for making me feel special. For making me feel loved. But most of all… thank you for being you. <3

shamrocks12 said...
This is such a sweet little story! Not lying at all, it made me tear up because I feel connected to it. My best friend right now is the same way as the person in this story, and I love it! Really good job!

bubbagump96 replied...
Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback. :) Hope your friend is alright... I know it hurts to lose someone, but it helps to look at it from the view of the article. 

jesus_saves said...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:15 am
this is really sweet. Good Job!

bubbagump96 replied...
Thank you! :)