Moon Eyes | Teen Ink

Moon Eyes

By mraeh8 SILVER, Flemington, New Jersey
mraeh8 SILVER, Flemington, New Jersey

She sat there watching his eyes. They followed every curve of the road, careful, guarded, and never wandering. His eyelashes flexed with the movement and curled up as his eyelids drew back in fear. He slammed his foot, and looked at her with the same intensity of the crash he saw coming in front of him. His eyes were a blazing blue, rimmed with the same silver of a new winter moon. In that same moment, she took his free hand, praying, wishing, and loving him. No matter what, they went together, that’s what she said. So as the shattered glass punched her in the face a million times, she kept her bleeding eyes on him, never wandering away. As his head made contact with the steering wheel, he closed his mooneyes, and the light disappeared. He stopped everything. Stopped wishing, wanting and loving her. She saw that in the purple of his lids, the way his eyebrows arched up in his final moments of anger. He didn’t want this; she knew that. But this needed to happen. She needed to know if he would always love her. As she stepped out of the car and closed the door, she turned around, and watched his eyes. They watched the road behind him as he backed out of her driveway, leaving her behind. As he turned around to look at her for the last time, his eyes were the color of a setting summer sun, brilliant and sinister. She turned around and walked away with eyes heavy as the ocean. Not knowing what was hidden in the deep blue within them.

on Jul. 12 2013 at 8:16 am
hippiechild BRONZE, Lakewood, Ohio

Not because they are perfect, but because they are free. Because they are alive.

Moon Eyes was really sad but romantic. I  was a little confused at the end though. Thank you for the good read.