Broken Bliss Chapter 3: Why didn't you tell me? | Teen Ink

Broken Bliss Chapter 3: Why didn't you tell me?

May 30, 2011
By twizzlerluva97 GOLD, New York City, New York
twizzlerluva97 GOLD, New York City, New York
13 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Success comes to those who persist after all have given up. Which is why it is never crowded along the extra mile."


It turned out Joey was taking us to a beach 2 hours north of town. It was one with really tall rocks, and it was so much fun when we jumped off of them. Joey had packed a picnic with pineapples and coconut smoothies, mini quiches, and chocolate chip cookies. While we were eating we talked about our town, school, and stuff like that. When Jackie asked Joey “So you have a brother right?”. Joey looked at her and said “Yeah why?”. “Is he as hot as you?” Jackie said smiling. I shot her a warning look and said “Jacks!” She looked at me and rolled her eyes and looked back at Joey expectantly. He laughed and kissed my cheek before saying “Thank you for that flattering comment Jackie and yes I guess you could say that he’s my twin brother Jonathan.” I looked at Jackie who looked like she was digesting the information she’d just been given. When she realized I was looking at her she stood up and walked over to the water. I sat up and whispered in Joey’s ear “I’m going to go check on Jackie”. He nodded and I left him and Sam talking about their siblings. Walking over to Jackie, I kicked at the sand. When I reached her I kicked sand at the back of her wet ankles and she turned around. “Hey, you okay?” I asked fiddling with my bracelet. “Yeah I’m fine just you know just thinking about Davey”, she responded walking closer toward me. Davey was Jackie’s boyfriend who was away with his family for the summer. Jackie and Davey have been together since ninth grade. Davey was captain of the swim team best friends with Damon James captain of the basketball team a.k.a. Sam’s ex-boyfriend and Darrel Hathaway quarter back of the football team and my ex-boyfriend. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her a bit and said “Listen to me DAVEY LOVES YOU he won’t cheat on you again trust me”. Even though I highly doubted it Damon, Davey, and Darrel were cheaters and always would be which was the reason Sam and I had dumped them but Jackie had forgiven him. I let go of her shoulders and said “Besides don’t you guys talk every night?” She shook her head and buried her head in her hands before looking back at me and saying “ You don’t understand Jill, Davey and I are a complicated couple but I don’t expect you to understand”. She started to walk back toward the water and I grabbed her arm “What the hell is that supposed to mean?” She yanked her arm back and said, “It means you wouldn’t understand because everything comes so god-damn easy for you.” I rolled my eyes and said, “That’s bull s*** and you know it”. She crossed her arms and said, “Is it Jill? Really because first you are an A+ student, head cheerleader, dating the god damn quarter back! Then wait for it when you dump the quarter back because he’s ‘too immature and clingy and unfaithful’ you start dating a gorgeous Brit and not to mention your perfect family. But if you had been paying any attention whatsoever you would’ve seen that not everyone around you is as perfect as you!” she said with tears streaming down her face. “Oh I’m sorry Jackie that I’ve been so insensitive, I’ve been to caught up in all of my own problems or according to you lack thereof, to pay any attention to you, so if your ready to tell me what’s wrong I’m most definitely ready to listen”, I said sarcastically. She looked at me like she hated me and said, “You know what fine. I got rejected to the design school that I wanted to go to in New York because you and Sam were to busy to pose for my shoots, Davey dumped me over the phone two days ago, My mom and dad are thinking of splitting up, and last but not least my best friends in the entire world are completely ignoring and neglecting me because they’re too busy with their own perfect lives.” Jackie was crying now really hard. I tried to reach out and comfort her but she pulled away. “Don’t you dare try to make everything ok now Jill you had the chance to and you completely ignored it because you were to busy b****ing and complaining about your pathetic superficial romance that ended!” said Jackie furiously wiping away her tears. Every bit of sympathy I’d had for her moments ago vanished and I slapped her so hard she fell onto the sand. “Look you vapid b**** I didn’t know and why the hell didn’t you tell me?” Sam ran over and helped Jackie up who was sobbing on the ground and looked at me and screamed, “What the hell is going on?” I put my hand over my mouth and began to cry as the realization of what I had done began to set in. “ I looked at Jackie and with tears flowing down my face I said “ Jackie I’m so so so sorry”. She looked at me with disgust and started to walk to Joey’s car. Sam looked at me and walked over to Joey and told him something before walking back over to me. “I told Joey what happened he said he’d take us back” Sam said avoiding my eyes. I nodded and walked over to Joey. He wouldn’t meet my eyes as he gathered up the leftovers and blankets he handed me my stuff and went to the car. For the entire ride home nobody spoke. When we got to Sam’s house both Jackie and Sam got out. Sam stuck her head in Joey’s window and said, “Thanks Joey good night guys” with that she and Jackie walked into Sam’s house. Joey drove me home. When he stopped the car in front of my house he leaned over and kissed me. When we broke apart he told me he’d call me later and not to worry. I nodded gave him one last peck on the cheek and climbed out of the car.