Abused Love | Teen Ink

Abused Love

June 8, 2011
By Raven_Deathwing PLATINUM, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Raven_Deathwing PLATINUM, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
29 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
'my happiness is only a mask i wear to hide the tears i cry'


As I stare into his eyes, I see not only hatred, but hurt and betrayal because of what we did to each other: him, he who always abused me, and never let me out of his sight, until he passes out from to much alcohol and drugs; me, I who ran and told someone, yet he found me and abused me, right there, not caring who saw it…

Going to school, covered in bruises, cuts (fresh or old), and scars, is always terrible, for I am afraid of someone seeing and asking questions. I cannot run, or ever be free, for he is in all my classes and never lets me be alone…I shouldn’t be with him, but if I leave him, he’ll make sure I don’t see the light of another day…

All of that changes when he didn’t come with me, and I realized he was passed out at home. Home, a place I don’t have, only with him…I have an abused love and I don’t care, not anymore…until I see you, and that’s when I hope to be safe, but I cannot leave him…and as you learn my problem, you want to help me, so I won’t be abused anymore…

Taking me to your home, then asking your parents to take me to the hospital so my wounds can be healed…but I am afraid to say what happened, knowing he’ll find out, so that’s when you explain and tears fill my eyes…I don’t want you to die because of me, but you said you don’t want to see me hurt anymore.

Staying by your side and trying to not look for him, but he appears in front of us, and pushes you against a locker, his eyes red with anger, and as he drops you, turning to me, his eyes going soft again, but I know it’s all a lie, and every step he takes towards me, I take a step back, not wanting to go with him…

He grabs my arm and pulls me up to my feet, then slaps me across my face, saying that if I left again, he would hunt everyone I loved, down and kill them…I fall to my knees, crying and he picks me up, saying I should go with him and this would be a dream…

But before anything could happen, you kick him in the stomach and quickly grab me, pulling me behind you. ‘Run.’ was all you whispered in my ear and I ran, right into the office, and you came in, saying what was going on, all I could do was nod, tears going down my face.

After that day, no one, not even me, knows what happened to him, but all I can say is that I’m grateful for being away from him, and how he abused me…

You come up behind me, wrapping your arms around my waist, resting your chin on my shoulder, and I now know that it was you who was going to help me out anyways…

I don’t want to lose you, and I know that nothing like my past, will happen again