Moving Up | Teen Ink

Moving Up

May 13, 2011
By Anonymous

Audrina was in her last year of law school at Columbia University when she was interning at the biggest law firm in New York: Dewey and LeBoef. It had always had been her dream to work at their Corporate Finance offices. When she found out she got accepted to Dewey and LeBoef, she was so confident she would get the job. It was on the ladder to becoming the president of the Corporate Finance office. As Audrina is walking through the crowded streets of the city, she realized that this was where she belonged and this was where she would succeed.
She used to live in Las Vegas, Nevada. There was nothing in Nevada for her other than being a black jack dealer at the casinos. That drove her away, but the lure of her lonely mother kept her heart there. Audrina’s Father left them when Audrina turned two. Audrina’s mother worked as a waitress since the day Audrina was born to put her through college. Luckily, Audrina’s mother pushed her to be better than everyone else and wanted her to leave Nevada and have opportunities, a better future.
As Audrina pushed open the tall glass doors of Dewey and LeBoeuf Law firms, she knew she belonged here. She needed to find a man named Christian Goodwin. He was a lawyer in the Corporate Finance offices and she knew he will help.
As she enters, the elevator she would see tall handsome man. She noticed he had the bluest eyes she had ever seen. They made eye contact, and he said “I guess you are new here.” Audrina replies “Is it that obvious? “He chivalrously stood at the back of the elevator so that he could take the opportunity to check her out. As she walks towards the secretary’s desk, she asked “Where is Christian Goodwin’s office?” She pointed toward him and they made eye contact once again. She walked over and told him she is Audrina the new intern. He grinned and said “I knew you were new here because of the smile on your face, after working here for a year, you wouldn’t really be smiling at all.” He led her into his office, Audrina was in awe, and she saw that half of his office was filled with windows. After her first day, Christian asked Audrina if she wanted to get drinks with him. She said, “Yes.” Soon after, they ended up spending a lot of time together. Every morning she would pick up coffee for him from his favorite coffee shop. Every morning she would bring him his favorite breakfast. Every morning she would place her tender, soft lips on his. He started to fall in love with her. One morning Christian was waiting for Audrina at the elevator where they usually waited for each other in the morning. Christian got impatient and went to his office. This was the day he was going to tell Audrina he loved her. Christian with the biggest smile reaches for his office door and sees Audrina and his boss on top of his desk. He couldn’t believe it Audrina cheated on him. The Boss says “I’d like you to meet your new senior associate.” Christian filled with hate and anger storms out of the office. Audrina chasing after him grabs his arm and Christian said “I would never guess that you’d be so easy.” Audrina replied “Frankly, I knew you would."