Falling in the wrong direction... Or not. (chapter 1) remake

"Hello?"
"Marcy I need you." I could tell in her voice that she had been crying.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Please Marcy, I just need you." her voice just above a whisper. her tone heartbreaking.
"I'm on my way, Em." I said. Wondering what it was about. I hope her dad hadn't hit her again. She had enough on her than to have an abusive father.
***Em's house***
I knocked once and Em opened the door. Her left eye was swollen and already turning black.
"Come in and go straight to my room." i looked at her questionably. "He passed out on the couch about an hour ago. Go, hurry." she whispered.
I ran up the stairs quickly and quietly and she was right behind me the whole time. When we got to her room she shut and locked the door and turned towards me. She slowly pulled her shirt over her head revealing bruises. Tears were flowing down her face. She couldn't keep them inside anymore.
"Em...." I whispered as a single silent tear slid down my face. I started shaking and pulled her close, gently, and held her there when i began to cry.
"Marcy, no don't cry. It's okay, I'm okay." she said.
"no you're not! how could you even say that. You are NOT okay. Your dad is beating you Emmey! how could you even think you're okay?" I asked her. This was unbelievable. "Em just promise you'll do something and you won't let him hit you anymore." i looked her straight in the eyes.
"I promise." she vowed and I knew she was telling the truth.

Next chapter coming soon!

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Allicat001 said...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:48 pm:
You're definitely off to a good start:)  I would read more if you posted more.  My only suggestion would be to follow the "show don't tell" rule a little more closely in your next chapters.  Otherwise this is really great, keep writing:)