It Was A Fairytale | Teen Ink

It Was A Fairytale

March 31, 2011
By Jessiebbyxp GOLD, North Bergen, New Jersey
Jessiebbyxp GOLD, North Bergen, New Jersey
12 articles 1 photo 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever. <3
I'm not single, and I'm not taken. I'm simply on reserve for the one who deserves my heart. Cause they say good things take time. ♥
Well if this is the face of a sinner And if heaven is only for winners Well I don't care Cause I won't know Anybody there.


When I look back at it now, our love was pretty much a fairytale. It wasn't your ordinary "The Notebook" kind of thing, or "Romeo and Juliet". Thank goodness we didn't have to die for each other’s love, but I think I would have died for our love. It was something special and magical, something to hard to explain in words. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would fall in love. Seeing all those love movies hoping maybe someday I will find a love like that, and I did I found it with you.

Our story starts off like another love story with a boy and girl whose friendship seems to be growing more and more each day. I was a shy girl at that age, not very outspoken or bold but I tried my hardest to have conversations with you. We would text everyday, I remember my mom always yelling at me for having my phone in my hand and my thumbs moving swiftly away to answer you back. Remember the first time you thought of me more then just a "friends". It was a rainy day, of course we were texting and our conversations were always on going, there was never a dull moment with you. You told me I looked really pretty and I smiled because I already had that more then a "friend" feeling. With a small thank you, a smiley face and the click of the send button I was already falling for you.

Months already passed and I already knew I was in like with you. Yes in like, because i thought love was such a strong word and shouldn't be used lightly.This is how our whole story started, it was my 8th grade school trip; I was so excited to be going to Pennsylvania for the day. Of course my best friend Erika and I sat together on the bus ride and talked all the way to the theater. You told me the night before that you were going to tell the girl you liked that you wanted her to be your girlfriend. I begged you to tell me who it was but of course, you said just wait and see. There was that chance that it would be me but I still had doubts it was someone else. Later on that day waiting for me in my inbox was a text from your best friend. He asked me if I liked you and I wanted to come up to you and say yes I like you. My shyness got in the way of this and made our love story get a little off course. I confronted my friends about this and they all said go up to him, but in all the love stories I saw the guy always came up to the girl and that’s what I was waiting for. I avoided you for the rest of the day, well what kind of girl am I if I'm avoiding the boy I'm in like with. When I did not respond and ignored you during the day, you kind of got the feeling I didn’t like you. How could this be I thought, is he blind. I have always liked him, when we would run into each during the trip you gave me a sad hi and just walked away.It finally came to the last event on our field trip, the restaurant and gift shop. As Erika and I were walking and looking around we say him sitting looking sad, I felt bad for not getting the courage to tell him how I felt. How bad I felt leaving you there thinking I had no feelings for you. As we were going on the bus to go home I text him and we told each other we liked each other. When you finally told me you liked me, it wasn’t how I quite imagined it. Through text message, well that isn't how most love stories go but it didn't matter. That was the day I will never forget, when I finally told you I liked you. These three simple words meant just about everything to me.

From that day on our love has grown into something beautiful. There wasn’t a day we wouldn’t talk to each other. Our love was a learning process, I have never felt so strongly about a boy, and saying I love you was a scary thought. I was full of negative thoughts, maybe he doesn't love me or doesn't feel this strong so I never said it. After awhile you wanted to say it, you dropped some hints but I didn't want to take it that far because I knew once those words were said and then we later break up, I would be crushed. You were certain we would last forever, and then you finally said I love you.

Like most good things, they come to an end. Even though our love didn’t last I still remember our story and keep it treasured in my heart. I remember it has many different things, the boy who changed my life, the heartbreak but it usually always ends as the first time I fell in love.