One Last Kiss | Teen Ink

One Last Kiss

By Bliss_of_Darkness BRONZE, Milladore, Wisconsin
Bliss_of_Darkness BRONZE, Milladore, Wisconsin

The last night…

Silver eyes watched the starlit heavens with interest. Her pale feet swayed back and forth in the chilled lake water. A soft smile crossed fleshly lips as a shooting star streaked across the sky.

Starlight, star bright. I wish I may, I wish I might; please do not let this be the last night.

A soft sigh passed through the woman’s lips, knowing her wish would not be granted. It was far too late for the wish to be granted now. Tears welled in her exotic eyes as she pondered the subject. She knew this would be the last night with her lover. The next time they would see each other it would not be pleasant.

The tears broke free and started to drip down her pale cheeks. Ivory was known for her strong spirit and mind, but now she could not help but to cry. After all the years of fearing love, he taught her how beautiful it truly was. He showed her passions and tenderness of her fear. Ivory learned the ways of love and she soon embraced it. Nevertheless, it was being ripped away from her now.

Ivory’s shoulders started to tremor as she cried into her hands. She was accustomed to being alone, yet it has been so long. Her poor and weak heart had grown attached to the man who clamed his undying love for her. Being alone once more would tear her apart from the inside out.

As she cried, a man appeared from the forest. His crimson eyes locked on her instantly. The man felt his heart twist in pain as he saw her tears. He silently approached his lover before kneeling beside her. Gently, he pulled her alabaster hands away from her face. He then wiped the tears away with his thumb.

“Do not cry, my Beloved.” His voice was deep, yet it held soft undertones. “Please do not shed those tears. It hurts me whenever you cry.”

Then he coaxed her pure wings to lie flat against her back before he held her in his arms. His own onyx wings moved and wrapped around Ivory. Acheron then pulled her feet out of the chilly water to hold her closer.

“What are we going to do Acheron?” Ivory whispered softly as she up with watery silver eyes. “I-I do not want to do this.”

“There is nothing we can do my love.” He replied as he tangled his fingers in her silky silver hair. “The war will happen and we cannot hide from it.”
“But I do not want to kill you!” Ivory cried, her tears returning.

Acheron could not reply. He knew they could not avoid tomorrow. For when tomorrow came, the two would no longer be lovers - but enemies. Ivory would lead the angels, while Acheron would lead the demons. Soon, the war over Earth would begin and the two lovers would face each other. Acheron knew he could never hurt Ivory. Despite his demonic side, he would never hurt her. He knew that when the war came, he would let her deliver the blows and finish him. Nevertheless, he knew Ivory would do the same as he would.

Acheron broke the silence that had engulfed them. “Ivory…my love…I do not wish to think about it. Please, can we pretend as if tomorrow will just be another day? Can we please play pretend for a little while?”

Ivory watched her lover give her pleading eyes. Slowly, she nodded in agreement to her lover’s request. She wanted to play pretend as well. Ivory did not wish to remember what was going to commence in a few hours.

As the hours started to slip away, Ivory realized that she only had a few more minutes left. They both slowly stood, but never broke the embrace. Ivory rested her head over Acheron’s chest, silently begging him for a few more minutes. However, there was not much time now.

“Acheron,” Ivory whispered breathlessly. “One last kiss Acheron, please. Show me how much you love me one last time.”

Acheron’s eyes widened at the request, but he silently agreed. Slowly, he lent down and pressed his lips to hers

There were no fireworks, no sparks of passion. Only the sweet, undying flame of love burned their mouths. All their love poured into one final kiss. Their wings splayed out before wrapping around one another. They let all their worries and fears escape as they left reality. Soon, they were in their own little world. There was no pain and no sorrow. There was only bliss and love.

When they broke the kiss, both had rivulets of tears running down their cheeks. As dawn slowly approached, the two lovers went their own separate ways. There was only one thing they said.

“I love you.”
-Line-
The battle over Earth had begun.

Screams and war cries echoed throughout the battlefield that was once named New York City. Arrows streaked throughout the sky usually striking their target. Swords clashed and clanged mercilessly.

As the war went on, silver eyes met crimson. A set of swords clanged as they hit the pavement. However, this did not bother the demon and angel as they walked across the battlefield. They met in a warm embrace. There were no words spoken between them, for they had already said everything they wanted to say.

What happened next could have been accidental, or perhaps it was on purpose. However, a twin set of arrows shot throughout the sky and pierced the lovers’ chests.

They fell to the ground, yet this did not go noticed. The battle raged on as the lovers’ bodies laid intertwined…

One last kiss, before I go. Dry your tears. It is time, to let you go!
- "Forever" by Papa Roach.

on Jun. 9 2011 at 12:22 am
krarthurs SILVER, Plymouth, Massachusetts

All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called "Facts". They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain.
-Thomas Hobbes

This was very emotional and somewhat heartbreaking. I loved your detail and you have a very clear style of writing that I really admire. Very good job.

And thank you so much for the comment you left on my story, Final Regards. Your feedback meant the world to me, and I was very flattered. (:

allybymyself SILVER, Fullerton, California

And miles to go before I sleep- Robert Frost

Very creative and heartbreaking!

LovelyMiss GOLD, Floresville, Texas
OMG! That was really good! Like the detail was amazing and so vivid I could laterally see what was happening nice work:)