Angel

I look down upon the love of my life. He sits there on his old recliner, weeping. He cries out my name as his shoulders shake. I come down from heaven in the form of an angel and grab his hands.

“Hush, darling,” I say. “Do not worry about me. I live in heaven with our Lord now. I am safe. Someday you will join me. Until then, live life to its fullest.”

He looks up, his eyes searching the room frantically. He has heard my voice but cannot find me. He shouts and pulls at his hair, afraid he is going insane.

I brush my hand along his jaw line. “Be quiet my dear. I am now an angel and am safe far above. God has plans for you so stop worrying about me and enjoy life. Go comfort the kids. Have fun with them. Find another love. I’ll be watching from above and will keep you out of harm’s way. I love you.”

He brushes his hand through the air and they pass through me. I try to grab hold of them, but I can’t. I’m being pulled back to my real home with my Father, but before I leave I hear him say, “I love you.”

sherberteater said...

Hey, girl. This is really good. keep it up.

Basketball23 replied...
Thank you so much!  I know my writings are a little morbid....do you like them like that??  Because I don't know how else to write, it's just natural for me.

sherberteater replied...
Your Welcome. Hey, I like it. I mean I like all the ones you have written so far. I know what you mean.

Basketball23 replied...
Well thank you so much!  And don't just give me nice feedback, give me honest facts....if facts can be honest...you know what I mean.  I just wonder sometimes what other people will think.  I'm more of an author, not a poet, but most of my books aren't finished yet, so I haven't posted them.

sherberteater replied...
I know what you mean. Well, I am being completely honest w/ you. I can not wait to read your books. :)

Basketball23 replied...
Well thank you!!!  I'm workin on one right now, but it's not nearly finished!!!  I'll let ya know more about it in the forum....if you want to know about it.

Basketball23 replied...
And I can't thank you enough for being honest!!!!!!!

sherberteater replied...
I think it is better if someone is just honest with you from the start. Them hopefully no ones feelings will get hurt in the end. 

Basketball23 replied...
Exactly!!! :D

leggie said...
Jun. 28, 2011 at 11:28 am
this one is awsome

MacSchiff said...
Beautiful work! I love it(:

Basketball23 replied...
Jun. 28, 2011 at 11:04 am
Thank you soooo much!!! <3

crazymonky said...
Wow that is really good lindsey i was wondering can u do my english essays haha jk keep it up good work.

sausage(: said...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 8:41 am
lindsey, you are amazing at writing. it is great & so are you. i love you<3&(:

General lee 01 said...
I love your work no matter what you write it will always be approved by editors and loved by friends :)  Hope to see plenty more.

sweetcheeks13 said...

Lindsey,

You are an amazing writer and friend! I am amazed at the two beautiful poems you wrote! Well...not really...I know how awesome you are!  Thanks for giving me the chance to illustrate your story in fifth grade...through sixth grade! Haha! Again, you are an AMAZING writer! Keep up the good work! Pontyhoes! LOL!=D

Love,

Sweetcheeks<3

Basketball23 replied...

Thanks so much Sweetcheeks!!!!  I love you and I really appreciate all the amazing drawings you put into that story...although it did take you quite a long time ;) Haha!!!

Love,

Pontyhoes <3

P.S.

For anybody else reading this....Sweetcheeks and Pontyhoes is a really long story....just don't ask ;)

ilovbieber27 said...
Mar. 20, 2011 at 9:51 am
Lindsey, I love this short story! i lov everything u write! keep it up!!

Ryter said...
That was beautiful! I find the best pieces of work come in the middle of the most borking class during the school day. I bet you could make an amazing story out of that! I would definately read it!

Basketball23 replied...
Hmmm...I never thought of extending this story but now that you mention it I might just have to consider it....