my love

He stood in my front yard, tossing rocks at my window in the pouring rain.
I looked out at him. Even through the stained glass, and the torrential rain, I could still make out his deep brown eyes, his soft dark skin, and his wry smile. I could feel his eyes searching my soul, and I saw his longing to be with me.
“OPEN YOUR WINDOW!” he called.
Despite my fear, I obliged, and I called back to him.
“Forget about me!” I screamed. “I told you… we can never be together!”
“I wish it was that easy.” He replied, his deep voice giving me butterflies. “But its not, and it never will be.”
Silence stretched between us, as he waited for my reply. I saw tears dripping down his face, mingling with the rain. He spoke again.
“I love you.” He called gently. My heart felt like it would burst from my chest at his words. Against hope, against reason, against all that I knew to be good, I slammed my window shut and ran. Out of my bedroom, down the stairs and out the front door, and into the waiting arms of the man I love.
For once, everything in the world felt right. My body melted into his, and I kissed him softly. “I love you, too.” I said, and I hugged him tightly.
Even though I knew my father disapproved, and the world frowned upon us, at that moment, everything in my life was alright again.
And for the first time in 16 years, I wasn’t ashamed to be gay.

S.S.Y. said...
Wow, that was pretty good! At first I thought its was like any other romance, but the last sentence literally stunned me. I like how you break the sterotype of the idea of love stories. Good job!

DelkS replied...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:04 am
Thankyou so much :D

Robsessed said...
I liked the story a lot and it was well written. Then I read the last word and as my jaw dropped and eyes popped open wide, not from disgust or disapproval, but from shock (a good one) ... I loved it even more. Even after reading your author's comments I was expecting a traditional boy/girl Romeo & Juliet type story, but with one word you made your story so much more meaningful and powerful. Everyone deserves to love and be loved, so I commend you for writing this and I hope others keep an o... (more »)

DelkS replied...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:27 am
Thankyou SO much! I showed it to a couple of friends before  i posted it, but they all thought it was a bit weird. Im glad you liked it, you literally read it exactly as i intended it to be read. Thanks!