Truth of Love | Teen Ink

Truth of Love

January 26, 2011
By MooBunny SILVER, Manahawkin, New Jersey
MooBunny SILVER, Manahawkin, New Jersey
7 articles 0 photos 9 comments

I’m at my friend’s house, it’s 3:45 am and we are still playing Truth or Dare on my iPod. I shake the iPod, and it comes up with your name. You pick truth, and the question is:
“Describe your perfect partner using the 5 senses.”

You close you eyes for a moment, thinking. Then you slowly say, “Well, he’d have blue-green eyes that are deeper than the sea. His brown hair will fall just above his eyes, streaked blonde from the summer sun. His skin would be soft with a deep tan that lasts year-round and tasting salty like the ocean. He would have great abs and muscle, but not insane. He would be 3 inches taller than me and a great kisser. He’d smell like Abercrombie but not too strong. He’d be kind, and gentle; but strong and protective. He loves me and when he says so he means it. ”

We all wait for what you are going to say.

You open your mouth; then close it. You look around at us all. “And I’ll say the same to him, every day, all the time. I just hope that someday, somehow, somewhere; I can find him.”

She looks at us, we all smile but she can’t see it, it’s too dark. I look at you and say “We all will be right there beside you, forever and ever.”


The author's comments:
Best friends are forever, right there to help you find your perfect match.