Truth of Love

I’m at my friend’s house, it’s 3:45 am and we are still playing Truth or Dare on my iPod. I shake the iPod, and it comes up with your name. You pick truth, and the question is:
“Describe your perfect partner using the 5 senses.”

You close you eyes for a moment, thinking. Then you slowly say, “Well, he’d have blue-green eyes that are deeper than the sea. His brown hair will fall just above his eyes, streaked blonde from the summer sun. His skin would be soft with a deep tan that lasts year-round and tasting salty like the ocean. He would have great abs and muscle, but not insane. He would be 3 inches taller than me and a great kisser. He’d smell like Abercrombie but not too strong. He’d be kind, and gentle; but strong and protective. He loves me and when he says so he means it. ”

We all wait for what you are going to say.

You open your mouth; then close it. You look around at us all. “And I’ll say the same to him, every day, all the time. I just hope that someday, somehow, somewhere; I can find him.”

She looks at us, we all smile but she can’t see it, it’s too dark. I look at you and say “We all will be right there beside you, forever and ever.”

amtpinkpanda This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
kinda short but good. that dream guy sounds perfect :D