A Love That's Born Only After Death... | Teen Ink

A Love That's Born Only After Death...

January 19, 2011
By Rmurphy101 BRONZE, Corrigan, Texas
Rmurphy101 BRONZE, Corrigan, Texas
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Unlike you... I'm just me...


Just a boy. Invisible to the world and orphaned as a baby. Not a friend in the world. Every day it's no faith, no trust, no care, and certainly... no love. The world has stabbed his life with the blade of hate. The past rejection, pain, and hate darkened his soul. Suicidal thoughts with nearly every second of the day. Nameless he has remained to the ears of the town. Not even a whisper to the silence.But there is a little more when it comes to this living mystery. You see him and assume he knows not of what love is. You're wrong to assume...The tears he fears not to let fall still can not drown the hurt he feels when the perfect girl looks through him. As if he weren't there he questions why he continues to live for a love in which he believes to be impossible.She walks by giving everyone in her path a pleasant hello with a heart warming smile but him. With just a simple smile she wears with love fills his darkened sights with light. Scars cover his body from every time he tried to take his own life only to be stopped by the very thought of the heart he'll never win. The girl is known to the boy as a hero with every day he lives.The cheer captain, prom queen, ballet princess, and everything that makes her the perfect teenage girl. Living the life of a healthy, hard working, love filled teenage beauty. Shows only love and care for all those around her and loved by all.That's just the portrait everyone can see, yet there is more to her seemingly perfect life. Blind and deaf to what stands in front of her open eyes and shouts her name. Calling her name in the need of a friend, a hug, care, love, and help... She can't see... She can't hear... A painting is just a painting. You must study the portrait to truly understand...She does not see how she is to blame for the scars the boy wears each day. The scars to remind him of the love that stops the blades from bringing him to an early death. He loves her with all the tears and all the blood he lets drain from his heart. She never knew of his existence... Until the heart problems she had been born with became a deathly problem.The homecoming football game. The boy sits in the stands watching the girl cheer. Loving every move, landing ever cheer stunt perfectly, and spreading spirit through the stands. Watching her cheer at every game he knew that something was wrong. She didn't look right. She didn't appear as cheerful and spirited as usual.She cheered the routine she and the team chose for the big game. Though she felt a sharp pain in her chest she simply ignored not thinking about her heart problems. Her breathing grew hard and heavy.She believed the pain would fade away after a short break but found herself to be wrong. Working herself harder than ever the team threw her into the air for the stunt the team had spent all year perfecting. The stunt was going even better than planned. The catch how ever did not go as planned. Her team did not fail her but they didn't notice that she fell unconscious during the stunt. Her body fell and hit the ground hard.She was taken to the nearest hospital where her parents found that her heart was failing her. They wanted nothing more than for their perfect daughter to survive. The boy waited for the news along with all the other students from their school only to be brought to tears. Everyone else grew happy to hear that the doctors would be able to find a new heart for the girl even though it would take some time. He couldn't stand the very thought of the girl he had fallen in love with being kept alive by a machine for some time and waiting for a new heart.The boy brought all the pages filled with his true heart filled thoughts he's only dreamt of sharing with her. Pages he's spent filling with lines of his thoughts since he first saw her. With the many pages stapled together in hand he searched the hospital halls not for the girls hospital room but for a place he'd be found with in minutes. He gave up on finding a spot and dropped to his knees and leaned against a wall. The boy pulled out the blood stained blade from his bag and went through with taking his life.The girl woke the next day to find that a boy she never noticed loved her enough to take his own life to save hers. She spent the next year reading every word he wrote for her until she had it all memorized. She now lives a healthy, active but careful life with the heart of who she now believes is her past true love.His picture framed by her bed. She lives each day by the words left on those pages that now sit by his picture.The boy gave his life to save the life of a girl he loved. A girl who never knew of him. Now the two live as one. The two were and are truly in love. In life he watched her with love and admire, in death he watches her with love and care. No one knew his name, now she holds his name a secret in his heart that she now holds. She was his hero for she kept him alive, and now he is her hero for giving her a second chance at life. She swears that even given the choice she wouldn't change a thing about their histories that came together as one.


The author's comments:
I wrote this on the night of December 25, 2009. I'm not much for writing romance. This is the first piece I've allowed other's to read.

Like the girl in the story I too have heart problems. I didn't how ever base that character on myself for I live a much different life.

I hope you enjoyed this story. Thank you.