The Christmas Horror | Teen Ink

The Christmas Horror

By KennaLynn PLATINUM, Oak Grove, Missouri
KennaLynn PLATINUM, Oak Grove, Missouri

Christmas eve began like it did every year. The loud, annoying sound of Southern Tennessee greetings and yipps from furred creatures and squawks from their feathered brothers. It was times like these that Victoria missed the quite bayous of Louisiana. Sliding out of bed she glided across the floor into the oak kitchen, the sound of crinkling paper and snapping pencils followed.
Christmas eve was a wonderful time, in the sense of completely boring and uneventful. He was never a Christmasy person, but maybe hopefully he could kiss her under the mistletoe. With speed that surprised him, and his mother, Xander sliped out of the door. His black decore sudenly made him rather hot, strange for the -20? weather. He stood, knee-deep in snow, outside the small,old appartment building next door. Gazing up into the window, on the 4th floor 3 rows over to the left, he caught a glimps of her.
“Oh Victoria what a beauty.”
Slinking down the creaky stairs was rather hard in the winter. Ice covered each step with a protective barrier. The ice picked heel sliced through the ice as if it were butter. Clad in a fur-lined coat, Victoria stepped out into the chilled weather. A sigh escaped her plum colored lips as the sudden urge of sickness rushed over her. He caught her eyes the moment she looked up from the snow littered ground. His hair covered part of his face, but thoses eyes of his shown right on through.
“Good Morning Viv.” That rare smile graced his chapped lips as he greeted her. She smiled back, but ended it with a violent cough. Wrapping her in his arms Xander smiled a bit wider. “Your gonna get sick, silly lady. Let’s hurry to school.” They were the only ones in the nation who had school Christmas Eve.
“Alright.” Was all she said. With snail-like speed, Xander entangled their hands together. He smiled triumphantly when Victoria didn’t pull away.
Minutes passed as hours in the awkward silence. Pulling randomness out of his mind Xander stated something completely obvious. “Rather cold huh?” Victoria laughed through a silent cough.
“No way it’s hotter then the sun.”Xander chuckled, rubbing the back of his head as a small sweat drop formed. “Did you finish your Math?”

“Me, finish my math? I don’t think so!” The smile widened on both their faces. Victoria ruffled his hair acquiring a blush on Xander’s face. It was apparent that they were meant to be but neither of them saw it, despite their liking of each other. The happiness was cute short by a whiney, annoying voice.
“Xander, sweetie!” The mating call of the teenage w****, an unbeatable force. The slender arm of Martha, slithered it’s way around his waist. The glare she held as she stared at Victoria was priceless. “Viv.”
“It’s Victoria!”She snapped harshly. Martha giggled, a high pitch annoying sound that made your ears bleed.
“Victoria. Viv. Same diff. They both belong to an ugly girl without any talent.” Xander sighed but allowed her to taunt his life time friend. She dragged him away and he mouthed a small sorry to Victoria. Now she was alone, in the frozen cold.
School went by slowly, as it did every day. Victoria stood outside bundled up with her books in hand. For five minutes she waited, but Xander never came out. She turned to leave but was stopped by a loud giggle.
“Waiting for what can never be yours, Victoria?” The venom dripped from the words of the boastful girl. Arms crossed over the plains she called a chest, she stood by the door grinning ear to ear.
“Not like he’s really yours Margie.” Her arms dropped, flames seemed to fly from her eyes. Victoria knew she hit a nerve.
“It’s Martha now, Viv. Margie is to old lady-like for me. You’d do best to remember that.” Victoria laughed, a laugh that told Martha she was stupid. She should of never closed her eyes, for the moment she did a swift pain caught her head. All vision blurred, and everything went black.

“Sorry for being late Viv, Teacher kept me over.” Xander stumbled out of the building, fumbling to put his books in his bag. Upon looking up all he saw was Martha with a big smile. Giving her a questioning glance he asked, ”Where’s Viv?” Martha smiled inwardly but gave her boyfriend a apathetic look.

“Sorry honey, but she left along time ago.” Xander shook his head slowly.

“That can’t be she’d never leave without me.” Martha took his face in her hands, looking unrealistically saddened.

“I’m sorry baby but she just doesn’t care about you, anymore.” Taking her hands from his face, he held her by the wrists rather tightly.

“Where is she Martha?”

“Why are you asking me? I didn’t do anything with her.” Staring suspiciously at her, he tightened his grip.

“Now, why would you say something like that? I didn’t even ask if you had done anything with her.” A note of panic spread through her face.

“I’m sorry I only assumed…” She tried to save her skin, but he cut her off.

“Where is she Martha?” She tried to answer with an ‘I don’t know’, but Xander tightened his grip on her, cutting off the circulation to her hands.

“She’s at the top of Spiteful Hill. You won’t reach her in time.” Xander threw her to the ground.

“We’re over. In fact we never were.” And he ran. For hours he ran, the hill was bout 7 miles away on foot. The sun had begun to go down by the time he reached the bottom of the hill. When he reached the top he felt his eyes water. Victoria lay on the snow, her black hair draped across her face. The snow around her was a crimson red. No words could leave his mouth as he picked her up. The big clock stroked twelve as his tears fell onto the deep wound in her stomach.

“Wake up Viv, please.” A light shown over her, and her eyes fluttered open.

“Merry Christmas Xander.” He smiled and nodded.

“Merry Christmas, My angel.” It was a Christmas Miracle.

KennaLynn PLATINUM, Oak Grove, Missouri
Thanks. I'll consider it =3

princessfidget BRONZE, Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania

"Life wouldn't be life if it didn't suck."
-One of my friends from FF

Aw! This is cute! You should make a sequel! :D

KennaLynn PLATINUM, Oak Grove, Missouri
Thank you =3

RaiderWriter14 BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
This is a really good story!!!