Only one way out | Teen Ink

Only one way out

By xomyaxo BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
xomyaxo BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

" Everything happens for a reason"

Fairy tales... i love them. But are they practical? Can someone really love a person that much?..... or is it only in Fairy tales.
Teen love....people say its a powerful thing. But if you think about it, its kinda like a lightbulb. its powerful at first but then dies out and is thrown away. So, does true love exist?
Someone once told me that when a person is born another is made just for them, the perfect match. And its our job to find that person. What if we never do?

He stepped closer. My heart raced at the speed of light. he reached his hand upward and skimmed his fingers along the side of my face. Chill's ran up and down my back, making the hair on my neck stand up. I starred into his eyes and got lost in their soothing gray color. His shaggy black hair shined in the moonlight. The roll of thunder could be heard in the distance. "Maybe we could go..." I said in a hushed whisper, he didn't reply. His gray eyes were intent, starring straight into mine, as if he was trying to figure me out. I'v been threw alot this past two weeks. My friends have been ignoring me. My grades have dropped and my mom is now turning to drugs. Tears burned my eyes trying to escape. He then moved a piece of hair out of my face, and tucked it behind my ear. This....was the only thing going right in my life. i thought i was going to burst. My chest felt light as a feather, like i was about to faint. I held my ribs tightly to keep myself from falling apart. I bit my lower lip...hard. He took a baby step closer as rain droplets fell down from the sky. He was no longer looking at my eyes but my lips. His finger tips touched the bottom of my chin and tilted my face up to meet his lips.

Surprisingly everything became natural. His lips were soft and tender. Butterflies exploded in my belly, making me nauseous.We both pulled back at the same time, blinking in shock. The rain was no longer in droplets,but now pounding down on us. My white T-shirt was soaking wet. After a few moments from recovering from the first kiss, we leaned in again. his mouth locked with mine. His hands slowly moved down to my waist. My arms, locked around his neck. We kissed like this for several seconds before it got intense. All the tears i was holding back were now pouring down my cheeks joining the rain. He gripped my t-shirt tightly. I kissed his back with all my emotions i'v been keeping inside for so long. Anger......sadness....Love.his hands moved down my thighs. I then leaped up as he placed my legs around his waist, holding me up. My arms tightened and my fingers were now wildly tangled up in his jet-black straight hair. So here comes the hard part.. the question i was dreading... Is this love?

This was inspired by two of my closed friends Alex&Mia

BrownEyedGirl GOLD, San Antonio, Texas

If life were easy, where is the adventure?
If you never leap, you will never know what it is like to fly.

Wow! That was so intense!  I loved it!  Keep writing!  I loved it!

Lletya BRONZE said...
Lletya BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

All we ever wanted you to be, is to be yourself! If everyone leaves the show that night feeling better about themselves, then we did our job. Its a social experiment, slash art project. We're trying to change the world and help alot of people. MCR

WOW!  I could see the entire thing in my mind!  That was an awesome story.  I have that same question at the end, if I kiss someone and its a good kiss, if I feel comfortable with them hugging me for a LONG time, is that love?  Love, love LOVE it!

on Dec. 28 2010 at 3:21 am
akwolfchick SILVER, Anchorage, Alaska

"Most of what people think and believe and a lot of their quotes comes from what others have said. Funny thing is is that I think I'm the only one who's said this".

Wow, that, just, WOW was amazing.