Because I love you | Teen Ink

Because I love you

By EssayQueen BRONZE, La Quinta, California
EssayQueen BRONZE, La Quinta, California

"Be yourself"

I woke up in my bed. My head was pounding. I was on my side facing my wall and when I turned around I saw the guy I was crushing on in my bed staring at me. He smiled.
“When you sleep you smile. Did you know that?”

I lay there tongue tied. Why was he laying in my bed with me at six in the morning? I don’t remember doing anything and I don’t think I did. He was extremely handsome. Black hair, grey eyes, and a beautifully carved body. His face was sweet but hid a secret. There was something in him that was foreign but was also a part of me. He was a new student at Wolf Creek High, and was in every single one of my classes. I was born and raised in Wolf Creek, Oregon. My name is Scarlet Wyse. Blue eyes, black hair, light skin, and freckles.
“Umm…no I didn’t know that.” I said astounded.
“Well, I think it’s cute.” He said still smiling. He leaned in and kissed me on the top of my nose.
“Why are you lying in my bed?”
“You don’t remember?”
“Not a thing.”
I looked in his eyes and saw a flash of pain and disappointment.
“You got to the party at about 9:30; you danced had fun, and had a couple of drinks that you knew were spiked. I told you to stop drinking but you wouldn’t listen. The football team came in and you were hanging out with Josh Welling. I kept an eye on you until I went to get a drink and you were gone. Some people said you left, others said you went to a bed room with Josh. I walked in on Josh undressing you when you were passed out. I punched Josh and he blacked out. I got you dressed and carried you down the stairs and drove you home. I stayed here because your parents weren’t home, when they got here I slept on the couch. I woke up this morning because I heard you screaming. By the time I got up here you stopped, so I just stayed here.”
“Why were you worried about me?”
He smiled. “Because I love you.”

I have to write an essay for school so i was brainstorming and came up with this.