A New Beginning (Part 10) | Teen Ink

A New Beginning (Part 10)

By Smartblonde4898 GOLD, Marietta, Georgia
Smartblonde4898 GOLD, Marietta, Georgia

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the lights"

Chapter Ten

Jason and I were still talking when my grandma came into the room with a surprised look on her face.

"Leslie dont you think that it is a little too late to be talking to boys?"

My face lit up red and I turned to look at Jason. He spoke before I did, "Oh sorry Ma'am this is my fault-"

I couldnt let him take this all on himself, plus if my grandparents thought that it was hif fault they may not like him anymore and I just couldnt handle that. "No Its not we-"

He was too quick though, "No Leslie, it was my fault I wasnt watching the clock." Jason looked at me witha reasuring face. He was going to handle this.

My grandma looked surprised.

"Oh well..it doesnt matter whose fault it is. It's still too late."

I decided to shut up because Jason had made it cleat that I wasnt getting a word in this situation.

Jason nodded his head in agreement. "Yes ma'am. This will never happen again. Good night Leslie!"

Then he shut his window, smiling at me one last time.

I turned around to see my grandma but she had already left. As soon as I was alone I noticed how tired I really was. I climbed into bed and turned out the light. I was laying there in bed and about to doze off when I heard a tap on my window. I made my way over to the window. I opened up my window to see Jason there. He looked disapointed. My heart dropped. What was wrong?

"Jason? Is everything okay?"

He began to laugh and his laugh me calm down. "Leslie...you have got to stop thinking so much into everything."

Now I was confused. "What? You looked really sad and-"

"Leslie shhh this is what I mean just shhh." He reached over putting his hand on my cheek. My face instantly beat red.

I sat there silent. We just sat there silent. The silent dragged on but I was fine sitting there as long as Jason was the one sitting in the window across from me.

"What was it that you needed?" I said coming back. Why had he tapped on the window?

"Oh yeah.. It's just I couldnt go to sleep with out one last..." His words trailed off and he leaned over and kissed me. As our lips touched my face beat red. My heart beat sped up. I got light headed. It was quick but perfect. He pulled his face and I wished that it would stay there longer. He began to chuckled.

We sat there for a second. He sat there smiling at me. I pulled my hands up touching my lips which had gone up into a smile as well. That had been perfect.

He was the first one to break the silence. "Well good night Leslie."

I said all I could at the moment, "yeah...night."

That night I would dream of Jason.

--------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning hearing Jason's voice. It didnt come from the window but from the hall outside of the room I was in...

I pulled off of my covers and sat up. I wasnt in my room. This room was odd. It was bigger then the one that I had fallen asleep in. The walls were light blue. There was a desk infront of the bed that I was on. The bed that I had fallen asleep in wasnt the one that I was in this one was bigger and the covers were different. This was just weird.... I got up and made my way over to the door unsure of what I would see when I opened the door. On the other side of the door I saw Jason, but he wasnt talking to my grandparents. I couldnt see what he was talking to.

I walked down the hall dying with curiosity.

Jason heard me coming and turned around. This also surprised me. This wasnt the Jason that I had sat across from the night before. This Jason was older, more handsome. He looked tired and as he came closer and I could see around him I realized why. He had been up with Jane all night long.

Wait?! Jane? How did I know her name? The baby girl sitting in her high chair in the middle of the kitchen was...Jane. She was absolutely beautiful. She had Jasons eyes. She had my hair and face, and even though I had seen these features before she was still absolutely stunning.

"Good Morning Babe!" Jason said with a huge smile, "How did my beautiful wife sleep last night?" He came over wrapped his hands around my waist and leaned in to kiss my on my forhead.

"Good..?" I said lost in everything that was happening.

Onem minute I was single, kissing the boy of my dreams, and the next minute was older, married to that boy and had had his child?! What was this?

Before I could ask anything, Jason was walking over to the stove moving things around. While he did this I walked over to my daughter. I just stared at her, unsure about what I should do.

"Hey love, I made you pancakes, eggs and bacon." I looked over at Jason to see him smiling with my breakfast on a plate in his hands...

-----------------------------------------

BEEP BEEP BEEP! My alarm went off and I sat up in my bed quickly. Too quickly.

I was back in my bed, back atmy grandparents home. The smell of pancakes,eggs, and bacon coming into the room.