Love Kills - Part One | Teen Ink

Love Kills - Part One

November 21, 2010
By Anonymous

Love hurts. I've learned over the years. But I can't seem to stop loving you. I thought it was just a phase. I was young. I still am young. It was 4th grade. I feel in love. With you. And then it stopped. And then it started again. And then you left us. You left the best school you could ever go to, with the caring, loving friends, and you went to some crappy boy's school. And you kissed her. And she kissed you. And I'm crying, and dying. And yet you care about me. Not enough. Never enough.


Maybe I use the word "and" too much. Not my fault.


My name is Mystique. I think it sounds like "mistake" but it's supposed to mean "air of mystery." My parents are giving me the best life I could every ask for. I go to private school. 32 people in my grade this year, 6th grade. My best friend is the most popular girls in the grade but somehow I'm not popular at all. And everyone loves Mirei. And all the guys do too. But I am stuck at the bottom of the food chain begging for scraps of attention when my best friend is at the top of the food chain.


The truth: I fall in love too quickly with the wrong people.


The author's comments:
based on a true story