True Love, I Think Not | Teen Ink

True Love, I Think Not

By xxmelissanicolexx SILVER, Saddle Brook, New Jersey
xxmelissanicolexx SILVER, Saddle Brook, New Jersey

"I don’t care what is written about me as long as it isn’t true.” ~Katherine Hepburn

He slapped her across the face. Immediately, she fell to the floor in deep sobs. This wasn’t the first time he had struck her; in fact, this was about the third or fourth time. Violet and Scott went out for two years. She never thought that he would be capable of doing something like this.

It all started out as a typical high school relationship. Popular boy meets popular girl, they start dating, and in a matter of days become the topic of everyone’s conversation. Scott and Violet were being watched very closely, almost like being under a microscope. People were always waiting for one of them to screw up or for both of them to get into a fight. That’s what kept high school entertaining.

If you asked some of their friends about the relationship they would have told you that they were meant to be together. Months went by and Violet thought she was in love. She said that she would do anything for him. As soon as Scott found that out he went after it. He convinced her to sleep with him. He didn’t have to do that much convincing since she was madly in love with him. He was his first but, she was his fifth. After that moment, she was set on he was the one. She imagined getting married to him when they got out of high school. Just going to run away to Las Vegas and get hitched. Well that was the plan, until one night at his house got ugly.

“Baby, I think you know what I’m thinking?” He said with a grin.

“Ummmmm… I don’t know. Cuddle Time?” She said giggling

“No, I’m in the mood for something. Something only you can help me with.”

“If you’re talking about sex it’s not going to happen.”

“Why not? You said that you love me and you’d do anything for me. All I’m asking for is a little something.”

“Now you’re taking advantage of me. This isn’t fair. Not every time we hang out we have to have sex. I do love you and I would do anything for you, just not this.”

The argument continued for ten more minutes. With each minute passing he got angrier.

“You lying sl*t! You’re cheating on me! I knew it!”

“NO! I would never. I love you! Just because I don’t want to doesn’t mean…”

“Doesn’t mean what?”

“You know what I don’t have to explain anything to you, I’m leaving.”

As she got up and went to grab her keys, Scott leaped up grabbed her by the hair and pulled her back into the room. She kicked him in trying to defend herself and then he proceeded to hit her.

“You’re not going anywhere until I get a little something in return.”

She just laid on the bed defenseless while he did what he wanted to her. She didn’t know what else to do. The boy she loved was turning into a monster and no one could stop him now. This was the beginning of the end.