Illogical Love | Teen Ink

Illogical Love

“But the thing is, is that I still love you.” A tear rolled slowly down his cheek as he said this. “No matter how you feel about me, I still love you, I always will. And that‘s the problem.” He started to walk away. I felt my heart race at the thought of loosing him, the thought of him leaving me. And that‘s the reason that I stopped him, I knew that later I would regret it. I knew that later he would make me wish that I let him take those steps, that I let him go. But I couldn’t stand the thought of loosing him, the thought of him in someone else’s arms.
“Wait.” I whispered, not having the breath to say anything else. I clasped his hand and pulled him towards me, wrapping my arms around him and holding him close. He hesitated for a second and then wrapped his arms around my waist. I kissed his lips softly, tasting him. Feeling his tongue caress my bottom lip. He kissed me back, his confidence rising until he was kissing me deeply and ardently.
And I let him kiss me. I let him put the pieces of me that were broken back together. I let him mend my heart that he had tore apart not so long ago even though I knew that he would just break it again. He would break apart the many pieces of my heart that I had ineffectively worked so hard to put back together. And even though I knew this I kissed him back. I let him shape and mold my lips until they fit perfectly into his. Because I couldn’t resist him. Because no matter what he did to me I still wanted to be with him. Because I illogically, inadvertently, and groundlessly loved him.

on Aug. 16 2011 at 9:34 am
Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri

All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.

Wow, this was REALLY good!  Your a great writer.  Could you check out some of my romance short stories?  You can just look me up in advanced search and then click romance section.  Thanks if you doo.

SideraCaeli GOLD, Marysville, Washington

“Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” -John Jakes.

haha this is wonderful. I bursted into laughter from how much this sounds like my life! Haha. ! Awesome JOB!!!!!!!!!

Jesse2 said...
on Nov. 22 2010 at 9:47 am
I WOULD Really Like To Read The Whole Book !

deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

Fantastic writing! 

Vanne SILVER said...
Vanne SILVER, Hawthorne, California

I hope one day you'll find all my quotes, all my words and read them all. I hope you'll know my message.

Beautiful! I could sense the weakness of always giving another chance when in love....it was good :))

HelloLove said...
HelloLove, Dexter, Michigan

Twinkle, twinkle, little bat! How I wonder what you're at.
-Hatter
Tut, tut, child! Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it.
-Dutchess

Wonderful! I love this piece, could you read some of my work? 

on Nov. 21 2010 at 9:13 am
star-gazing-dreamer GOLD, Pittsgrove, New Jersey

Everywhere I have sought rest and not found it,
except sitting in a corner by myself with a little book.
~ Thomas Kempis ~

really well done. Even though its short, you get a full story. :)

Jeessaayyx GOLD, East Boston, Massachusetts
This is really Good <3

LindsayB GOLD said...
on Nov. 20 2010 at 10:29 am
LindsayB GOLD, Aston, Pennsylvania

"You don't need to be brave every minute of everyday, just a few seconds at a time."

brilliant. really brilliant. I felt like I could really relate to it, and I can feel the emotion coming through your words. Really well done.

on Nov. 20 2010 at 10:12 am
Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana

This piece was wonderful, but i was wondering how he had hurt her. Was it because he had left her before?

And I would love it if you read some of my work and commented on it.

Marie179 said...
on Nov. 20 2010 at 2:29 am
Marie179, El Dorado Hills, California
Yeah..i read it and it's really good. i love it

SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington

"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Though this is short and sweet, it's very well written. You have a tone to your prose that seems very emotional and that's a great trait. Keep it up.

Would you mind reading a piece by me? It's called 'Burnt Leaves'? If you could I'd really appreciate it!