Fidelity | Teen Ink

Fidelity

By TaylorEdelleStuart BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
TaylorEdelleStuart BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa

"Sometimes it doesn't matter what way you jump... Just that you jump."

My eyes were fixated on the single moving cloud sweeping across the blue abyss of nothingness it was traveling across. The simplicity of such an experience made me feel whole. Euphoria isn’t the right word, but it’s the first that comes to mind. My solitude was soon interrupted by a dim light cascading from the center of the cloud. The grass I was lying in brushed against my body as if to tell me “It’s coming.”

A flash of light. A supernova if you will.
We were slow dancing on a dimly lit street. Another flash of red, of purple, of silver. You were presenting me with time, with your soul, your heart. I hear a chuckle as a glowing presence dances around my body, taunting me, hinting me forward. I agree, and we go away. Wherever.
I open my eyes and we’re in your white, dented 1998 Dodge Stratus. You squeeze my hands three times and I melt, I melt through the seams of your faded interior and out the passenger door. My melted persona fills in to the outline of my body that is sitting on the lazy boy in your basement. Your hands are on the brass object that sings to me and plays the liaison of your self-expression. It omits a sound that flirts with my eardrum. Upon hearing this… I melt, once again. Through the surface of your skin, into your blood stream, sticking to the confines of your veins, swimming in your soul.
I start to turn, rotating, a vortex, a leak. The previously stated triad of colors is beaming out of it. I try to swim away but I’m sucked in, enveloped. I open my eyes and discover my body sitting still on a shelf. I’m smiling. Happy. My neighbors are a dead flower and a man made of gold. The ever familiar scent of Jacob fills the air. Lights shine, purple, red, silver, purple, red, silver, purple, red, silver. I’m overwhelmed. My looks are in the sea; my soul is in a field.
I look down from the cloud my eyes were fixated on. My mind meets a clearer state and I left the memories. The memories that were fermenting into a cosmic colorful wash of what was… for lack of a better term, bull****. I got up from my place on the ground, I laugh at my little fantasy.

I hope you fall off a cliff.

on Nov. 11 2010 at 7:10 pm
ScreenName2014 GOLD, West Chester, Ohio

Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone. And do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering. - Ida Scott Taylor

Love the poetic words of each and every line, and then ending it with such a teenage responce makes it even better :) It made me want to cry and laugh at the same time