We Ask Ourselves, Why? | Teen Ink

We Ask Ourselves, Why?

October 30, 2010
By anax7 BRONZE, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
anax7 BRONZE, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you' re just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have YOU... The one who turns to his friends and says, thats her...


We ask ourselves, why is love so overrated? Us as teenagers need to be more alert that 99.999% of relationships don't last. Yes, theres those special few that meet in teen years and fall in a special kind of love that I will never understand, but it's not always like that. Love has very mysterious ways. I think of it as a picture, a painting. Without that special guy there for me, my painting is black and white. When he comes along, my painting gets colored in a little at a time. But then he leaves, and the colors slowly fade away until im ready to get it colored in again. You see, its like a cycle. I hate that teens that can't get guys because maybe they don't have the confidence to talk to any, or their just not interested think love is just the greatest thing ever, because it's really not. It damages your heart as a whole and we really don't need that at such a young age. We should be thinking about college, friends, sports, not guys. So we ask ourselves why, is love so overrated? It seems we will never know.