No Response | Teen Ink

No Response

October 6, 2010
By pennyfor_mythoughts BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
pennyfor_mythoughts BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

I dropped hints around your feet, you didn't pick them up. Wore my heart on my sleeve, but you didn't see it. I hid in your heart, and that right there must have been the problem. I told you I liked you, you said I was just a friend. That's when you were hidden in her heart, and you were just coming out. I sat waiting for her to fade and that day finally came. She broke your heart and I was the first one to know. Someone asked you if you would ever go out with me, you said "I don't want to go out with anyone right now." Time passed and I told you I liked you once again. You were speechless with nothing to say. You called me three times but never said a thing. So time passed the worst thing happened we became awkward. Still texted but face to face no words came out. I then heard from your friend that you thought I was pretty. I stood there wondering why you still didn't step up and declare me as yours. Still waiting, you told me you used to like me. I knew it from the start. I asked if you were over it you said, "Just a little." That left me once again waiting. The next day I asked you if you were lying, over text of course. I thought maybe you were sparing my feelings, you said no. I did what you keep making me do, I waited. In no response to anything at all, my heart couldn't take the waiting. It was summer and I asked you if I meant anything to you at all. No response. I thought that meant no, so I kept silence with you for a month. I tried texting you three times after that, it left me staring at the phone, waiting. No response. I thought I would never see you again do to us going to different high schools. That tore me apart but I started to live for me and not you, for awhile anyways. Honestly I was just waiting for you to find your way back into my heart. You got a new girlfriend at your new school, and she and I used to be friends, but you don't know that. I never thought she would be with the guy I thought I loved. Oh yeah you never knew that either but I actually stopped liking you. I sadly started loving you. Then a day came along after four months of silence between me and you. You talked to me like we never stopped. I looked next to you and saw her, and I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would. You want to know why? Well because you didn't look happy, I didn't see you smile or hear your laughter. We picked up right where we left off, sort of. You think I didn't see you looking at me, I think you were waiting. I am not sure for what, but you deserve it. I texted you, but funny I didn't wait for more than a minute. You were walking with your girlfriend not paying any attention to her because you were texting me. I left early, and just stopped texting you after I told you I left. You know why, because you did that to me all the time. Now look at you waiting, with no response. I get home and realize I made up my mind. I text you. Waited. No response. I keep waiting. All night. Then....
The next morning I find out you never made it home. Your car cut a lane and hit someone else head on. The police told your parents that the cause was texting while driving. I’m sorry I should have waited before I sent that message. Now I will forever be waiting with no response.


The author's comments:
I think I have some potential to get better. I hope I do.