Jane's "Fairy Tale" | Teen Ink

Jane's "Fairy Tale"

September 6, 2010
By T-anna SILVER, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
T-anna SILVER, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

At school it seemed that Mike was the perfect boyfriend to Jane. Opening doors, holding her hand, taking her books, but Jane knew better. To Jane this was all a show; she was the “luckiest girl in the world”. But it seemed like Jane was stuck in this “fairy tale” that she was desperate to get out of.
Jane knew that Mike hooked up with anything in a skirt, she knew that his “tutoring” was more like make-out sessions, she knew at parties when he “needed to go home and lie down” it was more like lie down with somebody. Everybody at school knows it. They look at her like she’s stupid for not suspecting anything but Jane knows, she knows it all.
So Jane decided to confront him, in front of the WHOLE school. Just before lunch at the door of the lunch room Jane decided to make her move.
“Mike, what’s this I hear about you hooking up with other girls.”
Mike was obviously stunned, “Uh… what are you talking about?”
“I’m talking about you and Stacy, Mary-Ann, Joan, Ellen, Alexa, Alexis, Kelly; do I have to go on?”
“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
“You must really think I’m stupid, well, ITS OVER!”
Mike looked so shocked he couldn’t talk.
“So, go to your other girlfriends because I’m through with your lies. And yes ladies, I, Jane Bailey Jones, broke up with Mike Williams. Go ahead and have him, I don’t want him.” Jane walked into the cafeteria and left Mike frozen, guys laughing, girls blushing, and teachers smiling. Jane whispered to herself, “And Jane lived happily ever after.”


The author's comments:
There's a lot of guys who think cheating is fine as long as you don't get caught. But they have to realized that it hurts the girls that they are with. Just be a man and stick to one girl.