"I Love You"

If you would have asked me last November if I thought that my boyfriend was capable of murder, I would have laughed in your face. If you would have asked me last December if I thought that He would ever hurt me, I would have scoffed at how ridiculous that sounded. If you would have asked me in January if I thought that He loved me, I would have said “yes“. If you asked me again if I thought He loved me in February, I would have said “maybe”.

If you would have asked me in March, I wouldn’t have been able to reply.

On February 14, 2010, I was murdered by the boy I thought I loved.

I can remember when He would kiss me and touch me so gently as if He thought I might break. I would have never thought that He could harm me. I remember the long nights we spent talking about anything that would come to mind.

But most clearly I remember the night of February 14, 2010. I remember every kiss, every touch, every word. I remember Him holding a gun against my head. I remember the sound the trigger made. I remember what He whispered in my ear the last seconds of my life.

His voice was as smooth as velvet as He whispered what He knew I wanted to hear. His breath was hot and fast against my ear. He chuckled as He felt my heart hammering against my ribs, beating for the last few times. And then He whispered so low He thought I couldn’t hear Him, “I love you.”

Robsessed said...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 1:17 am
I really liked this, especially how you did the whole "in November... in December..." thing. One of the better shorter short stories I've read on here.

Macx14 said...
Very unique and interesting, but very brief. Add some more to it and it'll be a lot better!

Karli J. said...
Sept. 5, 2010 at 10:24 am
I'm very intrigued. I've just created an account and it seems to me that people can truly write on here. Just one question: Do you capitalize "He" all the time on purpose because it seems to me like you do. Love it! Keep writing!

ClosetPoet28 replied...
Thank you for the positive feedback, and yes I did capitalize He on purpose because the boy has no name. Enjoy the site!

. said...
morbid yet very cute and easily percepted :) keep writing!