That Day | Teen Ink

That Day

July 17, 2010
By Heather3728 GOLD, Mastic, New York
Heather3728 GOLD, Mastic, New York
11 articles 0 photos 3 comments

She looked around the beach until she finally found him. They had eyes only for each other. She started walking towards him: her perfect guy. He was perfect for her. Musical, tall, sweet, kind, funny, everything she could ask for. The distance between them closed and then...

"Brriinnngggg"

"Not again" Amy groaned to herself as her phone alarm rang to wake her up. She forgot she had plans with Jenna to go to the beach with her and a bunch of their friends.

She got up and went in the shower, She went to put on her green and blue polka-dotted bikini, but decided on her orange, yellow, and pink polka-dotted tankini instead. Amy, thought she was fat which to her explains why she doesn't have a boyfriend. She grabbed a Special K breakfast bar and her beach bag, and went out to her car to go pick up Jenna. As she was driving, she began to think to herself out loud over the blasting of the radio in her red corvette convertible.

"Why is he always appearing in my dreams? I don't understand. Sure, I like him a lot, but he doesn't like me. At all. And then I always wake up just before something actually happens. I talk to Dylan all the time, but that isn't changing anything. Ugh, oh well. Being single sucks!"

She pulled up to Jenna's house and honked the horn twice. Jenna came bounding out in her cute zebra stripped tankini. Jenna is absolutely gorgeous although she doesn't believe she is.

"Hey girlieeeeee!!!" Jenna yelled once she got in the car.

"Hey..." Amy replied not as enthusiastic. Her thoughts kept wondering back to Dylan, and she sighed.

"None of this today Amy. By the way, Dylan is supposed to be at the beach this afternoon" She smiled.

" Oh no!" Amy moaned to herself.

"Calm down, you look gorgeous like always."

"Mhm, sure Jenna."







They finally got to the beach and met up with Trisha, Anna, Katie, Kristin, Caroline, Caroline's boyfriend Adam and Trisha's boyfriend Billy. Kristin seemed a little smug about something but Amy was too upset to ask why. They followed Kristin to the spot she chose and put out their towels. Once they all sat down and began to talk, Amy finally looked around her and her eyes froze on the face of someone a few feet away...

"Ok, who picked this spot?"

"Me." Kristin smiled back.

"Why? Do you see who is over there!?!?!?"

"Yea, why?"

"It's Dylan!!"

"Yea we all know Amy." Said Trisha as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh god, he's coming over here."

"Chill Amy," Jenna said, " Guys, let's go in the water."She smiled.

"Sure." Amy smiled.

"Not you. Stay."

"Fine..."

They all got up and left while Amy was stuck helpless. She grabbed Katie's towel to cover herself because she was not comfortable with him seeing her in her bathing suit.

"Hey Amy." Dylan said as he smiled at her.

"Hey..." She said as she looked down.

"Wanna go for a walk?"

"Um," she gulped, "Sure."

"Alright."

He helped her up and suddenly stopped.

"You can't take the towel with you." He laughed.

"I guess you are right..."

She put down the towel, shot a desperate look at her friends who were nodding in encouragement, and began to walk.

"I like you're bathing suit." He said.

"Thanks," she smiled, "I like your..." Her eyes looked him over and her heart stuttered he was so tall and skinny and she was short and chubby. Even though he didn't have muscles she thought he was so cute and she's liked him for like 3 years.

"I like your bathing suit too." She laughed.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

They began walking a little more and slowly his hand slid down to hers. She looked up at him, he smiled, and he interlaced his hands with hers.

"Amy, you are beautiful. You are so nice, and funny and a lot of fun to be around. Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

She looked up and his smile was absolutely stunning. She couldn't speak so she just nodded.

"Fantastic." He smiled and slowly leaned his head down to hers and kissed her quickly but cute.


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this because I really like this one guy and this story is based on what I wish would happen.