My Own Personal Heaven | Teen Ink

My Own Personal Heaven

July 9, 2010
By XxSilent-RosexX SILVER, M, Massachusetts
XxSilent-RosexX SILVER, M, Massachusetts
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I sighed.
“You can do this.” I said to myself. My hand shook involuntarily as I reached for the silver door knob. Someone opened the door right before I turned the knob.
“Hey there.” some boy I didn’t know greeted me. “Hi.” I replied nervously. I walked in the door and looked around. I was scared; my hands began to sweat and I suddenly felt warmer. I tried to steady my breathing but it was useless. I decided to search for someone I knew, it was difficult considering the house was filled with sugar high and most likely drunk teenagers. I grew more and more agitated every second I had to weave in and out of the party-goers. Finally I found someone I knew, “Hi Skyla.” She looked up at me and gave me a brilliant smile.
“Hey Luna.” she said. I shoved through the kids so I could give her a hug, Skyla followed my actions. Her long blond hair lightly brushed my shoulder as I hugged her. Her brilliant blue eyes sparkled. I was so envious of her, here’s this beautiful, smart, funny, charismatic blue eyed blond and then there was me. The average, geeky, awkward, boring green eyed nerd. I was only invited to the party because Skyla asked her friends to invite me. “So, Hun… did you like any of the guys?” Skyla asked mischievously. “I was more focused on not getting killed out there.” I replied. She frowned, “Luna… he’s here.” My heart stopped. “Tristen?” I was barely able to utter the word. Sklya nodded in reply. I froze in place. Tristen, my best friend and secret love. “Where did you see him?” my voice was barely above a whisper. “Over by the refreshments.” she replied, “Honey you should tell him.”
“I can’t.”
“Why not?”
“I just… can’t!” I shoved through the kids and made my way to the bathroom. I sat in the bathtub so I could hyperventilate in peace. A few minutes later I heard a knock on the door, “Luna are you okay in there?” Sklya’s voice sounded worried.
“Please come out Luna, I haven’t gotten to see you yet.” an entirely different -but beloved- voice said. “Okay. I’ll be out in a minute!” I choked out. I slowly got out of the bathtub and opened the door. I was greeted by two warm smiles. “Hey Luna.” Tristen said sweetly. “Hi Tristen.” I replied. Sklya hugged me quickly, “I’ll be back in a little while Sweetie.”
“Okay.” I said. “Here try this, it’ll help boost your blood sugar.” Tristen said as he handed me a chocolate chip cookie. “Uh, thanks.” I said.
“I know what will really give you a rush!”
“What?”
“Truth or dare.”
“Do I have to?”
“Yes.” Tristen said as he pulled me over to the game. How he was able to plow through the party, I know not. We sat down with the rest of the circle. There were a few kids I knew there; Stacey Kibbet, Max Wilson, George Hill. I sighed as the anxiety this game brought set in.
“Okay Debby’s turn!” Max said excitedly. I watched the bottle spin around and around and land on George. Debby giggled, “Okay George, truth or dare?”
“Truth.” George said nonchalantly. He was known as the sloth of the school. “Um… have you ever kissed a girl?” Debby asked. My eyes narrowed, that’s such a cruel question, I thought. George sighed, obviously annoyed, “Yes.”
“When?” Debby asked. “Now.” he said right before he pulled Debby into a kiss. They sat there for at least twenty seconds. “I love you Debby.” he said as they parted. “I love you too George!” she replied. They left to do who knows what. Watching them made me depressed, its not supposed to be that easy. “Okay my turn!” Max said as he spun the bottle. This time the bottle went around once and stopped on… Tristen. “Oooh Tristen! Truth or dare?” Max said in an evil tone. “Truth.” Tristen replied. “Okay. Hmm… I know! Do you have a crush on Luna!?” I wanted to kill Max but we were in a public place with too many witnesses. All eyes were on Tristen as he nervously looked around the room for an answer.
“Come on big guy!” some kid I didn’t know urged. My heart started to beat faster as I anxiously awaited his reply. He inhaled and exhaled slowly. “Yes.” Tristen said just above a whisper. “What was that?” Max asked even though he obviously heard. “Yes.” Tristen said a little bit louder.
“I still can’t hear you.”
“Yes! Yes, I like Luna! God!”
My eyes widened in shock. He turned to me, “Luna can I talk to you outside?”
“Of course.” I said breathless. He led me outside onto the back porch. “Luna I do like you and I have for a really long time. I’m sorry! I know I shouldn’t but I just can’t-” I cut him off, “Shh,” I swallowed, “Tristen Ian Montgomery, I… I… I….” I swallowed again, “I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU!” I screamed. A single tear escaped my eye. Tristen stepped forward and wiped the tear with his sleeve. He leaned down to whisper in my ear, “Really?” I just nodded. I closed my eyes for a moment, he was kissing me in that instant. I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We just stood like that in my own personal heaven.


The author's comments:
I wrote this along time ago during a random burst of creativity at one in the morning.