Love Me | Teen Ink

Love Me

July 1, 2010
By writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas
writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas
35 articles 0 photos 105 comments

The music played. Boys placed their hands on girl’s hips, and the girls placed their hands on the boy’s shoulders.
I placed my hand’s on the shoulders of Jakob, a guy I had been crushing on since the beginning of the school year. The slow music kept on playing, and Jakob leaned in closer. He smiled, and I smiled at him too. Thankfully the lights were dimmed, or he would have seen me blushing. I hoped the music would never end, I didn’t want to go back to the fun, upbeat dancing, I wanted to stay in this position forever.
When the music ended, another slow song started. When the song ended, and the last song started, Jakob leaned in and so did I. Our lips touched, and I felt like I was floating on clouds in the night sky. When I pulled away, we kept on dancing until the song ended.

The dance was over, me and Jakob linked hands and we walked away. With his free arm he rubbed my upper arm, I walked to his rubbing. Up, down, up, down. When we reached the parking lot I looked for my mom’s car. We were only in 7th grade, we had to wait for our parent’s car.
Jakob and I walked to a bench and sat. I rested my head on his shoulder. My mother drove up and I got up slowly. Jakob and I faced each other, hands intertwined, I leaned in for a kiss, and felt that same feeling I felt earlier when his soft lips touched mine. I looked at him and stepped back. I got in my mom’s car, and sat in the front seat. I looked back and saw him standing there. He looked after the car, and I turned back around.
I was sure he….
Loved me