The boy 2 rows down

I sat there, staring, staring at the boy 2 rows away. I gripped the side of my chair, if I didn’t I would have slid out. Then I would look like a complete fool, which I couldn’t do.
The boy glanced at me, probably because he felt someone staring at him, I turned away. Diverting my attention to the stage. We were in the Auditorium getting ready to watch play. The lights dimmed, and I relaxed in the cushiony chair. The darkness helped me relax. The darkness made me un-able to see people in detail, and they couldn’t see me in detail. My friend leaned next to me and whispered something in my ear. I couldn’t understand, so I just nodded and pretended I knew everything she was talking about.
The play began, it was Ella Enchanted. 2 hours when it ended I realized since the intermission, I had been staring at the boy 2 rows down.

lovetowriteandwatchTV said...
well, i needed a play and i had read Ella Enchanted not too  long ago so that's what i put, thanks for the great comment. :)

leneypanini said...
i like how you included your title:) i do that sometimes, but i always forget to be repetitive with it in the actual story. that was nice. i like it. it's relatable and believable, like seriously- i can see myself doing that. haha. and btw, ella enchanted? haha