I'm Asking You Not To | Teen Ink

I'm Asking You Not To

June 12, 2010
By Anonymous

I wonder if I'm the one you think about late at night when trying to sleep.I wonder if I'm the one you see yourself with for the rest of your life.I can't help but wonder. I mean because we've been here before but you start up again.You start taking small steps towards that door. How many more steps do you have left to go ?
I just wanna know.I just want to be warned. I was just fine. You saw me putting myself back together slowly but surely and you just had to come back didn't you ?. You knew I could make it without you and you couldn't live with that. I knew you couldn't cause I saw the look in your eyes and the hurt that was building up inside. So you worked your magic and played that game and it worked. I know I shouldn't have let you back so easily, but how could I resist ?. Who could say no to that smile, that look in your eyes, that walk you take, that heart ?. I knew I couldn't. What was the point in lying to myself. You swear on everything that your not leaving this time but how could I ever believe you ?. How could I ever trust you with my heart and everything it stands for ?. You could never answer me that question, because you know that you shouldn't be here standing next to me. It should just be me on my own two feet. This year is coming to a sad end for all of us, but I'm only seeing me and you getting effected even though thats not true at all. All I'm hearing out your mouth is "It's gonna be okay". "I promise nothing's gonna go wrong,I'm gonna be here". I'm putting that smile on my face like I believe you, cause I do want to believe you but my heart won't let me. I'm trying real hard to trust in you and believe that it's you and me till' the end but somethings there telling me that I need to wait and see. I have nothing left to believe in because it's all been done to me before. I swear if you leave my heart's going up on a shelf, with a "not for sale" sign over it. Your the only one I want to have it. Your the only one that I ever wanna love. You mean everything to mean like never before. We got our spark back in our eyes and perfection back so could you please not mess it up. I'm begging on knees please don't do this. You're just not understanding what you mean to me. I need you like a heartbeat.