Maybe | Teen Ink

Maybe

June 7, 2010
By iDuNNo33 BRONZE, ....., Other
iDuNNo33 BRONZE, ....., Other
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I’d liked you for a long time. You didn’t know but every time I had a chance to be with you I tried.

One night you texted me. We started talking and you said you liked me. You asked me out. I said yes.

The next day, you broke up with me, saying this wasn’t going to work out. I said ok. I was hurt but brushed it off, knowing what you said was the truth.

At school a day later, I could see you watching me in the classes we had together. I tried not to look in your general direction. I didn’t talk to you at all too.

After school you texted me. We started talking and you asked me out again. I thought about it for a while but ended up saying yes.

We talked all the time for the next 3 weeks. You couldn’t hang out because you were grounded. I understood.

Your mom ended up finding out about us. She said you could hang with me. You asked me to the movies. I said yes.

I ended up not going. I guess you understood.

A week later you asked me hang out after school. I said yes.

I ended up being sick and not going.

2 days later you asked me to hang out again. I couldn’t because I had sports and had to stay after school.

You said it was over, because we could never hang out.

I brushed it off but secretly remembered all the times you couldn’t hang out with me.

We started texting again recently. You asked me out. I said yes.

We talked all night. I never got any sleep.

Then randomly you said we were over. I thought maybe you had a new girlfriend as far away as you are. I thought maybe you got into the drugs that were surrounding you.

Just a night ago, you asked to talk to me. I agreed.

You told me you made a mistake and that you missed me. That you were sorry for everything and didn’t expect me to take you back.

Secretly I knew I wanted to take you back right then. Wanted to tell you it was okay.

But really, I’ve been hurt to many times. I don’t know if I can let you back in or trust you again.
I won’t love you like I used to. It wouldn’t be like it used to.
We’d be different. We are so different. Maybe that’s why it never works out…