To You. | Teen Ink

To You.

Love,
Why are you everywhere I go? When I'm getting groceries, I hear you laugh. At work, I smell the intoxicating scent you used to leave behind. In any given public place, I'll see your face from time to time. I often feel you holding me in the bed we used to share.
It really isn't fair, the way you do this to me. I've been trying to move on, but I can't, because I feel your presence. Why'd you have to go?
Perhaps it isn't you, it could very well be my imagination. My memories of you are so strong. And this house is too big for one person.
Do you remember that time at the park? When you pushed me on the swing, and we laughed until we cried? I miss those great times we used to have. I'm glad I hadn't known then what I know now. I wish it hadn't ended so soon.
Anytime I smile now, it is completely and utterly fake. Daddy's starting to worry about me, and I think Mom is too. Soon, none of this will matter anymore. I cannot live without you. I'm tired of coping with this loss.
I'll see you soon, love. I'll see you soon.

on Jun. 19 2010 at 7:44 pm
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This was absolutely amazing. Great job!  Incredible, and very emotional.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you guys check out and comment on my work?

Diana101 GOLD said...
on Jun. 11 2010 at 3:41 pm
Diana101 GOLD, Grove City, Ohio

"God's delays are not God's denials"

Your story is incredible! When i read it, i felt as if 'I' was was dealing with the heart break!:)

Can you maybe check one of my stories out; there called, The Murderer and Murder of Guilt:)