Maybe

I love him so much. But he will never know, because he likes her instead. I’m hundreds of miles away; I can’t do anything about that.
He has gorgeous eyes. They’re ice blue with gray around the edges and little dark blue flecks. Those eyes look right into your heart if you’re not careful.
And he has the most amazing smile. When you try to take a photo of him, the smile goes out of his eyes and he fakes it for the camera.
But I have a photo of him that was snapped when he wasn’t expecting it, and he’s smiling his real smile. He hasn’t had time to fake the smile yet, and the laughter is still in those perfect eyes.
I call it ‘My Smile’ even though I’m sure that smile was meant for her.
And I can’t do anything about that either.
The only thing I can do is refuse to tell him how I feel, and continue to always be there for him. I can’t tell him, things are just starting to get better with the other girl.
I can’t add my feelings to everything he’s already thinking about.
I won’t do that to him.
In that movie last night, I kept looking at that empty seat next to me and wishing he were there. I kept reaching for a nonexistent hand.
And the worst part? He was in the same movie at the same time, five hundred miles away, wishing she were next to him.
He tells me when they fight, he tells me when they make up, he told me when she said she’d go to prom with him.
And I’m always happy for him when it’s going right, always crushed when he’s crushed.
She’s the only one he wants, he’s the only one I want.
Bu I can’t wallow in self-pity forever.
Maybe after prom I’ll be able to spill my guts like he spilled his and maybe he will feel the same.
Maybe we will end up boyfriend and girlfriend.
Maybe someday all my crazy far-fetched fantasies about us will come true.
Maybe.

CassieSherman14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:49 pm:
Awww... sorry about that, that must stink! One of my friends has that same exact problem too. Good luck and I hope you two end up together.

Phoenix611 replied...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 10:05 pm :
Yeah it stinks :( thanks i hope so

TheSummoningFreak said...
May 21, 2010 at 2:32 pm:
I LOve This it is soo good i have the same proclem in my love life so i get this story

Phoenix611 replied...
May 24, 2010 at 4:07 pm :
Thanks!! i know it sucks :(

Phoenix611 replied...
May 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm :
the whole guy-likes-other-girl thing :(

TheSummoningFreak replied...
May 24, 2010 at 4:16 pm :
yeah, i know it's like why can't you love me...

Phoenix611 replied...
May 25, 2010 at 9:02 pm :
seriously!!!! especially when you know them inside and out and your always there for them and no they go out with someone else....

TheSummoningFreak replied...
May 25, 2010 at 9:42 pm :

i know. its like we know each other's secrets and hopes and dreams and all that and always there for each other. the guy i'm on love with is the most amazing guy ever and we're best frineds he know's every thing about me stuff i've never told anybody ever. and i;m so in love but he's in love with this other gitl who doesn't want him and told him so and i had to pick him up with he was upset about and i was like this girl has the most amazing guy and she just doesn't even care. i was so mad go... (more »)

TheSummoningFreak replied...
May 25, 2010 at 9:45 pm :

i know right.

email me and we can talk and i'll tell you all anout my best friend and how i'm in love with him

(iloveyoubelle01@yahoo.com)

email me!