Lena's Choice, part one

It was a beautiful wedding. Everyone said so. Even I had cried at the ceremony. But the reception was a different story. There, as I was collecting my (fifth) piece of wedding cake and hoping my bridesmaid's dress would still fit, a cell phone fell at my feet. I saw my aunt Catie, dressed in black, with her wild red hair flowing freely down her back, run away. I looked at the phone. It appeared to be covered in gold leaf. On close inspection, it had the enscription "4 teh hawtest" written at the back.
I felt a hand on my shoulder, and heard a woman cough behind me. She was dressed in a pale pink shift dress, and her golden blonde hair was tied in a braid at her shoulder. "Excuse me," she said, "I believe that you've found my cell. My name's Victoria; if you look at the back, it says my name."
"But it just says '4 teh hawtest'. See for yourself."
Here, she laughed a nervous giggle. "Oh, that's just what my boyfriend calls me."
"Victoria!" I heard a voice call from the other side of the hall, "What are you doing, conning this girl out of my cell phone?"
"Yours?! It's mine! Mine, I say!", said another woman, coming from the opposite side.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

pencils_4_hands This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:34 pm:
cool... the alagory is interesting... im 14... check owt some of mi stuff!