Are We Ment For Each Other? | Teen Ink

Are We Ment For Each Other?

May 5, 2010
By Macee BRONZE, North Anson, Maine
Macee BRONZE, North Anson, Maine
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Aaliyah and James had been friends ever since they were little, They always were together no matter what. Aaliyah fell for James. and James fell for Aaliyah but are they meant for each other?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aaliyah

“Good Morning Aaliyah” My mother said before she left for work

“You need to get up. You have five more day’s of school ahead of you and you are done for the year” then I heard the door shut

Yes I thought to myself. five days of school, which means no more drama, no more teachers, no more people. This summer is going to be perfect even if i have to make it like that myself.


I jumped out of bed grabbed my jean shorts and my blue volcom t shirt. I put them on realizing that school started in 15 minuets I brushed my long blonde hair and put it up in a pony tail. I ran down the stairs almost tripping over the rug when I got to the bottom. Then the doorbell rang.

“Who is it?”

“It’s me I mean James”

“I’m coming!”

“Okay I will be in the car”

I ran out of the house with my bag and jumped in James’s car.


“Took you long enough?” James said, taking my coffee cup so I could get in.

“Well I am here now. Lets go!”


JAMES

I stepped on the gas and we were on our way to Palm Beach Lakes High School, Home of the rams. We arrive at Palm Beach Lakes High School. I drop Aaliyah off at the door and go park my car. When I got out I saw Daniel Stevens with his younger sister Sara, and his girlfriend Natasha. Sara had a huge crush on me, that meant every time she saw me she asked for a hug. Her Brother who was also convinced that we made a good couple tried to be the match maker, inviting me over to his house, asking me to go to the movies and magically appearing with his sister because he had to “watch” her.
“James!” Sara yelled while running over to give me a hug

“Hi, Sara” i said quietly.

“Where have you been we need to get to class, it starts in like ten minuets”

“I know, I need to go. bye”

“Okay! Bye”
I ran off to meet Aaliyah.

AALIYAH
There’s James! He was jogging over to meet me at the door like we planned. While he was running to meet me I saw that he was wearing a black t-shirt with a pair of jeans, the t-shirt was blowing behind him and you could see his six pack. why can’t i tell him how i feel about him? I love him.

(James)

There’s Aaliyah! She is so beautiful. Standing there with her long Blonde hair that falls right in the middle of her back, she dyed the tips of her hair black. She has on that blue volcom shirt and her dark blue shorts that I love. Then I thought about the time at her cousins birthday party where we were playing tag and me and her hid behind a piece of wood that was set against a tree. We sat there for a good twenty minuets just talking about ourselves and what our lives were like.
She looks even more beautiful than she did that day at her cousin's party. Sitting there behind the wood, sitting and talking, I should have leaned in and kissed her....



"Hey!" I was jolted out of my fantasy. It was Aaliyah, arms filled with books, binders and papers.

“Hey”

“You ready?”

“I guess”

“Come on! There are only five days left!”

“I know.. I just need a day off.”

“Me too”

“You wanna leave? We haven’t entered the school and no one is in the parking lot!”

“Why not! It’s just one day!”

“Lets go”

AALIYAH


Wow I can’t believe I just skipped school with James! We are going to ‘his’ beach as he calls it. We got to the road that goes to the beach, he parked his car in the little parking lot down the road. We got out and started walking down the road.

“So..”

“What?”

“I dunno..”

“Okay.”
We kept on walking in silence. When we got to the beach he took off his shirt, threw it at me and ran into the water.

“Come in Aaliyah!” James yelled

“Fine!”
I took of my shirt and shorts and walked to the water.

(James)


Wow. That was the only thing I could think of saying. She looked beautiful. She had on a green and blue bikini. She got into the water

“Oh My God! you think this is warm!”

“I never said that”
I swam in to meet her.

AALIYAH


Oh god here he comes! I thought, Then I dove into the water. I met him on his way to meet me.

“Are you coming?” I yelled

“Yes.”
He came out to where I was.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I asked curiously

“um. no why do you ask?”

“Just wondering.”

“Ok”

“Do you have a boyfriend?” James Blurted out loudly.

“Nope. why?”

“Just wondering.”

“Okay”
We swam in silence for a few minutes then I felt him grab my hand interlacing his fingers in mine.

“lets go in” James said

“Okay”
We swam into shore and got out. We got our towels and went and sat on ‘his’ beach. James and I sat there for a while before anyone said anything.

“Aaliyah, can I ask you something?” James finally said

“Sure. I guess”

“Would you ever date me?”

“Yeah. I would”


“Okay then.. Will you go out with me?”

This is the moment I have been waiting for forever. I was surprised he asked me now, on the beach, all alone.

“Of Course!”