People Always Leave , | Teen Ink

People Always Leave ,

The words are still fresh out of your mouth. It's like vinegar in my mouth. It feels like you actually mean it this time. Well actually you do. I know what I said was hurtful but you didn't have to do what you did. You haven't looked my way all day but I'll keep trying to catch your eye. I know sooner or later you will be with her. I know your games and how you work. After all I used to be her. Remember ?
When your with someone you have the ability you make or break them. Don't take that gift lightly. Your attitude is for crap, and that cocky smile is full of empty promises and I just want someone to smack it right off your face. I'm not the same person I was before you. Who am I supposed to be ? Those cool days in the spring will always come back to me. Your arms around me, your lips pressed up against mine full of perfection. I didn't want to let go, but stuff happens right ? but no it wasn't supposed to happen to us, that was the difference. Us together meant we weren't everyone else. We were us and that was important. Is it possible someone can fie of a broken heart? we'll see. I guess what hurts the most is that you don't even look like you care. I'm not like that. I can't hide behind pretty smiles and feeble laughs like you. I'm going to act as is, but you've got your reputation and your pride to prove to none of this matters, and I gotta say your doing hell of a job. These cold days are a constant reminder I'm alone. The rush of your warm skin again my cold skin is engraved in my memory. It feels like the summer all over again. I guess i was right. People Always Leave.