Midnight Darkness | Teen Ink

Midnight Darkness

April 23, 2010
By OceanOwl23 GOLD, Amarillo, Texas
OceanOwl23 GOLD, Amarillo, Texas
12 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"love makes the world go 'round. Embrace it with your whole heart and live."


I sit in the dark cave of my room, but I'm not alone. Beside me lays a strong body...His firm arms are wrapped around me. Our fingers intertwine as we sit in the Midnight Darkness. I rest my head on his smooth chest. He kisses the top of my head, and a shiver runs down my spine. He chuckles, his sweet voice floods my ears. I smile, and bury my face in his light-blue T-shirt. The smell of his rich cologne fills my nostrils. I inhale it as if it were my need to breathe. Somewhere, someone calls us, but we are too lost in our own galaxy to care. I bring my eyes up to his featured face. I stare deeply into his dark-green eyes, And can't look away. his rusty brown hair falls around them, making a perfect frame. A hair falls into my face from behind my ear. He brushes it away, and I close my eyes as he runs his fingers down my cheek and jaw line. Our foreheads touch, and our noses are side-by-side. I want to freeze this moment, and keep it forever. He rest his hand on my cheek. "I love you" he whispers quietly. He kisses me, and my heart races. He chuckles again, sending me smiling. "Forever?" I ask and kiss him softly. "Forever." ......We let the promise hang around us as we dose off into the Midnight Darkness.