Purposely

You offered me weird looks and back handed compliments at first. I think you secretly hoped I would like it, not knowing the type of person I was. Out of instinct I avoided you, and tried to ignore you. But somewhere along the way you convinced me you weren’t so bad after all.
The back handed compliments became flattery, and the weird looks became elongated gazes that I thought about all the time.

You lured me in, and secretly, I’ve always thought you did it on purpose. You made me believe we had something more than just solid conversation. You made me believe we had more than just a friendship.

I always knew you were a great guy. But then, like anything good in life, you had to go and ruin it. You just had to. Every day when you saw me, you knew the night before I had dreamed sweet dreams about you, and you never said anything. Not up until the day when you told me you loved someone else, and you needed help getting her to love you back.

I was crushed, and bruised. My heart ached at the thought of seeing you with anyone. Anyone other than me. If only you knew what it was like to know I was only a friend. If only you knew what it was like to just be another person in your life.

So how could you put me in this position, you stupid little boy. How could you do this to me? Because now, almost five years later, you’ve come back and asked for my forgiveness. You've come back, and asked me to be yours. I won’t be able to tell you, and you won’t be able to handle it, but you’ll soon find out your too late. I’ve already moved on, or at least I’ve pretended to.

I now belong to someone else. I now belong in someone else’s arms. You’ll feel the same pain I did when I tell you, that I am taken.

N.Sweet said...
awwww! great job! :) 

katiemiladie replied...
Thank you so much!