Monday Afternoon

I was sitting on the bench alone. Sprinkles of rain just kissing my cheeks. I was tired, so tired. But wasn’t everybody tired? “Hello darlin,” was what you said. I smiled and said I liked your shoes, I’m not sure why. They were white shoes, just barely new and already stained with dirt and sand, probably encrusted in salt because you have a habit of walking into the ocean with your shoes on. But they suited you, in a strange different kind of way. We talked for awhile, I stayed seated and you stood. You were like that, always having to do something, to run around. I mostly smiled as you talked so enthusiastically about how you fell in love, but it’s not what anyone would think and I was barely listening, I just wanted to kiss you. I just wanted to be with you. But wasn’t I just another girl? When you finally left I wanted to beg you to stay. I wanted you to stay there until we got bored of each other and there was nothing to do but leave and find something to do that wouldn’t bore us. You walked away and after much arguing with myself I looked back at you, and I was glad when you looked back just when I had. You had to wave, just in that friendly way where you smiled all cheesy and I knew it was to assure us both that this wasn’t too cliche or maybe even too romantic. As you rode away on your bike this occurred again, only you didn’t wave and I wondered if you thought everything I thought. I desperately wanted you to let me ride on the handle bars and you’d take me home, but it was Monday afternoon. If only Sunday would come at the right times.

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
Apr. 24, 2010 at 11:44 am
i love it! its normal and realistic and i love this charachters train of thought,, its sounds just like mine ;)