Finally

His eyes were deep, cold and uninviting. He sat there just with a blank expression, but his eyes said it all. He was the type that was hard to figure out; he blocked everyone from seeing him. He didn’t want anyone to get to him…especially her.

She was a sensitive soul. You could tell when she was in pain, when she’s sad, and when she’s happy He read her well. She was so soft and small. She loved to dream. Her dreams led her on to believe.

She wanted him, she believed in him. He didn’t want to want her, well he did, but he didn’t want to show it; he couldn’t. He knew if he showed her his real feelings so many things would change, and it was too much for him.

He always thought of her. When he saw her in class or passing her, he always had her in his mind. No matter how hard he tried to push her away, thoughts of her would always come flooding back. His anger took the best of him when he’s frustrated. His clenched fists and fiery eyes showed his frustration.

She also always thought of him. She would daydream…she wished he’d talk to her again, in her dreams he would forget everything and everyone around him and just be with her. Her smile shone like a million suns on a summer day.

She came back to reality. After school she saw him alone in the hall standing in front of her locker. Her heartbeat picked up.

“Hey” he said

“Hey” she replied and didn’t meet his eyes.

“Can we talk?”

“Now you want to talk?” she chuckled.

“Look, I’ve been a jerk to you, but let’s talk, and I’ll explain…please?”

“Okay, talk to me.” She started to open her locker and put her books away.

“Like I said I’ve been a jerk to you, I didn’t want to push you away but things started happening, and I had to. I actually miss talking to you and hearing what you have to say. I’m not good at handling my emotions.”

“I can tell, and what was happening that you had to push me away?”

He sighed, “I started to like you, but I didn’t want to.”

She didn’t respond, she closed her locker and turned to him.

“You like me?” was all she could say.

“Yeah, but I can’t deal with emotions well, and my friends are jerks so…”

“So that’s the reason to treat me this way? Because your friends may question why you like me or how could you ever like her? Is that the worst they could do?”

“I know it’s wrong, I’m sorry. Can you forgive me?”

“Yeah, possibly.”

He took it for what it was worth. He wasn’t sure what else to say, so he stepped forward and hugged her. He wanted to stay like that forever.

She was so overwhelmed with emotion. She never expected this from him.

“Well I got to go. Text me later.” She smiled at him and stared to walk away.

“Wait…” he went running up to her.

“What?”

“I forgot something” He leaned down and kissed her sweet strawberry lips.

Kat2292 said...
May 2, 2010 at 4:57 pm:
That was one of the sweetest stories I've read! :) Great job! Could you check out my stuff and tell me what you think? Thanks

Basketball4everr replied...
May 2, 2010 at 6:47 pm :
awww haha thanks :) n ill def check out ur stories- did u read any of my others?

Kat2292 replied...
May 2, 2010 at 7:19 pm :
I did! I also read Someday, which was another amazing story! These are really good, and they seem so different from the regular, cliche love stories. :)

Basketball4everr replied...
May 4, 2010 at 2:15 pm :
haha thank you so much :)

megpie000 said...
omgosh that was sooo sweet i loved it!!!

Basketball4everr replied...
May 1, 2010 at 12:09 pm :
thanks so much!  i love to hear what you think! :)

Kitsu said...
Apr. 24, 2010 at 11:24 am:
I love it! It's adorable.

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
Apr. 24, 2010 at 8:27 am:
aaawwwww! sooo cute! i love it

midnight_compositions said...
Hey, that was pretty good! I like your style of writing-- it's unique and it stands out to me. I love how things are all vague in the beginning; it makes it all the more gripping.

Annie D. said...
I love this it totally my type of story!!!!!!!!!!

writergirl13 said...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the last line!!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever read Fallen by Lauren Kate?? That book is a lot like your piece, excpet lengthier. lol! :)

Basketball4everr replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:35 am :
Thank you- and yes i did read that book- its pretty good- check out some of my other stuuf and c if u like it :)

KiraKira said...

ADORABLE! Oh my goodness I love this peice!!!!! :D :D please keep writing

P.S. I love the last line. So cute!:D

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
aww! i luv this. i know someone very similar 2 the guy u described in this, and can relate so well. awesome work, plz keep writingg

Basketball4everr replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 7:36 pm :
Thank you!! If you like this one my story Someday and All or Nothing(not up yet) is simlar check them out :)

Fiction_Fairy said...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:58 am:
Aw! That's so cute! I loved it! :D

Oh_ShelbY_XD replied...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:53 pm :
epecially the last line!!!!! I love the strawberry lips part

Shae.xD said...
aww, very nice. i <3 reading stuff like this. xD

V.Roux41097 said...
AWW THIS IS SO CUTE! THIS WOULD BE A VERY GOOD NOVEL. I WOULD SURELY READ. GOOD WORK!!:)

sidneynicole said...
this was pretty good can u read some if ny stuff too(: