Our Summer- Chapter 13- I Swear | Teen Ink

Our Summer- Chapter 13- I Swear

By Drama_Queen13 DIAMOND, Nantucket, Massachusetts
Drama_Queen13 DIAMOND, Nantucket, Massachusetts

"Live Life Like A Song."

I could still hear the thunder overhead. I didn’t know where I was, dead or alive? I wasn’t just laying down, I was floating. I am dead I thought miserably. Rain was pouring down now, I could just make out voices. Someone was crying, apologizing. I was now convinced I was dead. Why didn’t I make up with Tony?! My last moments on Earth were WASTED! I couldn’t cry, my eyes were closed shut. The sound of the waves were getting further and further away. I realized, I wasn’t floating, someone was carrying me. I struggled to listen to the teary conversation next to me. I caught bits and pieces of it.
“Oh my God! Summer, I’m so-“
“We didn’t mean-“
“You could’ve gotten her killed! How-“
Did that mean I wasn’t dead? I listened for another minute only to hear LuLu sobbing, and someone, I couldn’t figure out whom, sounding hurt & worried & angry all at the same time. They were carrying me back to the house I thought, relief flooding through me. I felt myself slipping back into unconsciousness, and against my will, darkness overtook me once more.
*****
I woke up with something cold on my forehead and I was in a bed. I opened my eyes slowly to see I was in a hospital bed. My sundress that I had been wearing was gone, and in its place was a flowered hospital gown. I window outside showed a rainy day, There was an icepack on my forehead, and underneath it I could feel the huge bruise.
“Hey.”
I turned to face the other side of my bed, and there was Tony, sitting right next to my bed, looking dead tired. His eyes were no longer harsh & cold, but red like he’d been crying, but was trying to hide it by rubbing his eyes too much.
“Hi.” I whispered. “Are LuLu & Sylvia ok?”
“They’re both fine. They feel terrible about what happened.” He came over and sat on the bed. It hit me that he was the one who had been carrying me. He saved me from drowning. Tony was the one who was always there for me, always loved me, and how had I thanked him? By flirting with Nico who meant nothing to me.
“I’m so sorry, Tony.” I could feel tears prickling behind my eyes.
“No, Summer, I acted like a worthless jerk. And then I almost lost you.”
“But you had a right to be angry! I was being a flirt when I already have you. And you didn’t lose me, you SAVED me.”
“Lets make a promise,” he said holding my hand, “that I won’t be a horrible jerk ever again-“
“And I’ll never EVER flirt with another guy again. Or go swimming at night.”
Tony laughed. We did our secret promise handshake.
“I swear.” I promised looking into his eyes, the ice-cold look in them had disappeared and my Tony was back.
“I swear.” He said kissing me.
Tony went on to tell me how he found us at the beach.
“I was just going to take a walk because I couldn’t sleep,” he sat on the hospital bed with me in his arms, “And as I got closer to Surf Side, I heard thunder & LuLu screaming ‘SUMMER!’. I ran right to the beach, and I could see you fighting through the waves.” I laid my head on his neck, his voice was slightly chocked up.
“I thought I was dying.”
“So did I. I dove in, and you were going under, I was sure I was too late. I pulled you out, but you were knocked out. We carried you back to the house, woke up my parents and drove you here.” I kissed Tony on the cheek to show I was grateful.
“Where are LuLu & Sylvia?” I asked realizing it was WAY too quiet here.
“Well, my parents wanted kill Sylvia, but they were already in complete hysterics, so my dad felt bad and decided Sylvia isn’t punished. My mom is with them out in the hallway trying to calm them down.”
I felt bad. Sure it was their idea to go, but I went with them. This was my fault in the first place. There was a quiet knock on the door & Mrs. Devito came in.
“Girls, she’s awake. Are you ok Summer?” her voice was filled with concern.
“I’m fine. I’m really sorry Mrs. Devito.” She assured me I was 110% forgiven and let Sylvia & LuLu in before leaving the room. Both their faces were terribly swollen from crying and I could barely understand a word they said through all their sobbing. I assured them I was fine and I didn’t hate them and No, Sylvia, You don’t deserve to die. I forced them to try & get some sleep in the empty bed next to me. Tony stayed with me in my bed, and was struggling to stay awake.
“I love you Summer.”
“I love you Tony.”
He fell asleep, and darkness was taking me again, but this time I was perfectly un-afraid and safe in Tony’s arms.

Ok, this chapter is based off a fantasy COMPLEATLY. If you thought last chapter was sad with Summer nearly drowning, just WAIT. Not many chapters left untill the end. Enjoy!

on Mar. 19 2011 at 7:21 pm

"Live Life Like A Song."

I'm glad you're both enjoying it! I'm so sorry I haven't written; but I was grounded for a couple of months and then I got my computer back but had some issues...I just submitted a few more chapters; hopefully they'll be up soon!

on Apr. 10 2010 at 8:29 am

"Live Life Like A Song."

haha! It makes me feel beyond special when I have people saying they love my characters! Thanks Everyone!!!!! New chapters should be up any day now =D

emily23 BRONZE said...
on Apr. 7 2010 at 6:13 am
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.

aww lol. Why only Tony?

on Apr. 6 2010 at 10:30 pm
contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

i agree with you but i just love tony!!!!!! lol jk

on Mar. 16 2010 at 12:06 pm
h.a.n.n.a.h. BRONZE, Prairie Village, Kansas

"The mind is everything, what you think you become."- Buddha

Wow! This is an amzing story!!! Keep writing!

emily23 BRONZE said...
on Mar. 9 2010 at 12:35 pm
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

aww thats so sweet but sad! aww I love tony and summer!