My Meadow | Teen Ink

My Meadow

February 2, 2010
By curlychick1369 BRONZE, Springboro, Ohio
curlychick1369 BRONZE, Springboro, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don\'t let the failures of the past, keep you from the acheivements and success of today.


I breathe in. A sweet-filled breath of fresh grass, graceful lavender stems, and the crisp breeze. I wrinkle my nose as it fills with pureness. My hair lifts off my shoulders as the wind blows and caresses my face. I giggl with a wide smile then throw my arms open to embrace the wind. I throw my head back joyfully while the wind playfully swishes my clothes and hair. I open my eyes while the soft grass tickles my lower legs. I say hello to the grass and it waves back at me wonderously, and the wind whistles a hello. I lay down on the top of the hill and watch the clouds of the blue sky shape shift. The birds fly over-head and quietly chitter and chat with the gentle sun. The grass enveloping my body, sways protectively around me. I feel the breeze blowing around me, the warmth of the sun on my face, the cool earth on my back. I relax and hold tight to the earth as it welcomes my return to the meadow. It only perfects when I hear his beautiful voice gliding softly through the air.

The author's comments:
Haha, just in case you were wondering, the he in this peice isn't actually someone i know:) sorry!