He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

I lay, inches from his face.
He’s beautiful.
I meet his eyes, and for a second, nothing else matters. The world is at peace. The world is happy. I am happy.
I’m completely conscious of the other people in the room, yet, they could leave and I wouldn’t notice. The house could shatter and if his eyes never left mine, I wouldn’t know it.
I love you; this thought beats like a heart against my chest.
I want to separate my lips an inch and whisper these three words, but something stops me.
Rejection; I can feel this word cold in my stomach. I can feel it waiting to rip me apart.
This boy doesn’t love me. He never has.
But... in this precise moment, it no longer matters, because right now, somehow we are connected. I can feel his every breath, his every heartbeat.
Then, in that same moment, my true feelings surround me. I can lie and lie to myself forever, but inside, I know that I’m in love with this boy beside me. I know that I would choose to be with him over anyone else in this entire world. And I know that more than anything, more than sanity, more than health, more than peace, I want him to love me back.

CamilleMarie said...
Thanks everyone! :)
I'll work on writing some more of this, you can also check-out Faceless in the realistic section. And don't forget to rate please :)
xox

Carmen F. said...
This is a definatly a story i can relate to. Keep writing:)

DallysGrrl said...
Awesome. So cool and smart and sooooooooooooo relatable. Keep writing, pleaz!!!!

.Cowgirl.508.xoxoxo. said...
this is really great! you are quite a talented writer :)
..very inspiring <3

AnnaBeeX3 said...
This is amazing. you really have some talent :)

ѕтоямιε.♥ said...
wow, this is really nice! i like it! are you going to continue it??

CamilleMarie replied...
Thanks!
I'm not really sure about continuing. These lines just sort of came to me as I was writing something completely different. We'll see about it. :)

CamilleMarie said...
If you like this article, please check out - Faceless - under realistic fiction.
Thanks