The Last Song | Teen Ink

The Last Song

By autumn weaver BRONZE, Trenton, Ohio
autumn weaver BRONZE, Trenton, Ohio

My book is The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. Sparks like to keep most if not all of his books in the same genre. He writes about love stories that have a sad twist to them. That’s what this book was, a love story.

Ronnie Miller who is the main character is sent with her little brother to go live with their father for the summer. Ronnie pretty much hates the world at this point and is very hateful to everyone she is around. As time goes on she starts to find out who she is and what she really loves most in life. She doesn’t realize how much she takes for granite until the unexpected happens around the end of the book.

At first the book started off a little boring and dark due to Ronnie’s mood. I started to really get into it once all the main characters were introduced. I eventually didn’t want to put the book down. I was reading it in my free time at work and school and at night before I would go to bed. I am really excited for the movie to come out now. I have already recommended this book to someone I know because I want other people to enjoy it as much as I did. The next book I’m going to read is one of Spark’s other books called Dear John. Nicholas Sparks is a very talented writer and I will continue reading his books.