the locket | Teen Ink

the locket

By Batty!xoxo BRONZE, Harrison, Ohio
Batty!xoxo BRONZE, Harrison, Ohio

/“Come with me,” he whispers gently. Shivers are sent down my back, stopping my lungs in mid-breath. His face is soft, yet serious and always beautiful. I peer into his solid, blue eyes looking for the true mood of his words, but I am lost before I can reach my destination. Just another failed attempt. I nod my head, feeling more anxious and scared than ever before. I sigh and bite back my lip as I follow behind./

I take a deep breath as the rest of the memory streams down my face in tears. I’m standing there alone in my room, holding the locket that hangs just above my heart. The locket is my last remaining piece of him. I want to breathe in the memory of him, feel it pull among my lungs like air. He was beautiful; tall, muscular, and kissed by the moon. His brown hair covered his eyes just so slightly that left him mysterious. His name was Shadow, a name as beautiful and unique as the man behind it. The man I fell in love with and the man I miss.

its_me GOLD said...
its_me GOLD, San Mateo, California
i like the way you wrote this! would you mind giving my feedback on my work? I'd really appreciate it!