COLORS | Teen Ink

COLORS

COLORS

Blue

Blue for the sky that you spoke to me under for the very first time. Blue for being confused about expressions and words and dissecting every little sound that popped out of your mouth .Blue for the way your almost clear azure eyes sparkled and glinted as you nervously asked me~ would you like to go …somewhere? Sometime? With me? And blue for the ocean that you took me to, and even though I’ve seen it a gazillion times, it seemed to hold fairy wings, just under the current. That’s how magical it was.

Green

Green for the new fresh experience that had by some bizarre, beautiful chance had come my way. Green for the day I told you that my favorite flower was daises, and how you never forgot to pick some when you saw them growing by the side of the road.. Green for the long summer days that I would sit and watch you mow the lawn with your sunglasses and no shirt on, while I made grape juice and sipped the sun.

Orange

Orange for the rhythm that we settled in, and how I trusted you to always hold me. Orange for working on the peach orchard in your grandfathers enormous backyard, large enough that it made my mouth drop so far to the ground that you had to pick it back up with a gentle kiss. Orange for the dying fire that we would sit by on those rare occasions when you convinced me to go camping with you, and how you declared that your love for me would never die like the fire. I love orange.

Violet

Violet for the harder days, when you weren’t there to comfort me at all. Violet for the time that you told me you needed time, only time. Violet for the awful realization that instead of heartbreak inside of me, there was liberation, and violet for the heartbreak of liberation. Violet for the days you went on your “trip” and how I didn’t even get to see you laughing with your friends on the soccer field when me and my girlfriends went to Heidi’s Country Diner to gain weight and mope about our stupid boyfriends. Except I never thought you were stupid. I just thought you were human.

Yellow

Yellow for the sundress I was wearing when you told me that you missed me and that he had been a complete and total idiot to let me out of his grasp for even a millisecond. Yellow for the mood I was in that when you told me those few, simple words. I had never been so happy to hear you put yourself down. Yellow for the way I squealed when I saw your name on my caller ID and jumped up and down on my newly made bed and mussed it all up, just because I was so overjoyed to go on a walk with you that night. Yellow for how exhilarating it was to hear the sparks in your words and feel the fireworks when you touched my hand. Yellow for just simple happiness.

Red

Red for those once in a while times when I would feel envious of silly incidents, or when you would get way too protective of me and I would shrug you off and of course that hurt you deeply. Red for the embarrassment of realization. Red for the realization that we didn’t need those obtuse problems . Red for the way that they happened anyhow. Red for saying sorry.

White

White for finally figuring out that you were my knight in shining armor. White for that little heart necklace that you presented me with for Christmas, and how I said~ I don’t need this to know you
that love me, I know, more than I know anything else. White for the tears that were in your eyes when I whispered this truth to you. White for those precious words you sighed into my ear on that beach that I will always remember on our first date. White for how I now remember the beach as my wedding date. White for happily ever after. White for ~I love you.

i ALWAYS THOUGHT FEELINGS WERE BEST DESCRIBED IN COLOR

brainiac SILVER, Grove City, Ohio

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future.

Your poem was beautiful. I loved it!

on Jan. 6 2010 at 9:08 am
biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

thank you for the feedback!!!!

-Kal- GOLD said...
-Kal- GOLD, Carthage, North Carolina

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and recieves the impossible"
-Anonymous

On the whole, it was a really great piece. I loved your ending, because white is a... pure? color and love is supossed to be pure, so that was excellent.

However, it is a little confusing when you're talking about a specfifc color and then you give an example that can't be seen as really having relation to that color. That may be just me though.

Anyways, great job :)