Definition Of Love | Teen Ink

Definition Of Love

October 24, 2009
By HannahBear! BRONZE, Lake Wylie, South Carolina
HannahBear! BRONZE, Lake Wylie, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime...-Babe Ruth


From that sunny day I met you, all the way to the end, I knew you were the one. You knew me, loved me, held me, thrilled me and kissed me like no one else in this world ever could.

My friends told me you were just a player. They said I was falling for you because of your looks, but it was so much more. They didn’t know our secrets, our inside jokes, or the way our bodies fit perfectly together when we held each other close. They didn’t know how we could finish each other’s sentences, or how we had already planned to marry on that South Carolina beach. And when we did, they were all there, they cried and they said that I was making a bad decision, but they were wrong, horribly wrong.

Now, as I die in your arms, all you can think to say is “I love you” and that means the world to me. I was so lucky to have someone like you, and I don’t know how I would have lived without you if I had listened to what my friends said. The physical pain I’m going through is nowhere near the emotional pain of losing you. And as I gurgle my last words, through the blood in my throat, I realize that you were all I ever wanted or needed, and I prayed to God that you would live happily after I was gone.


The author's comments:
I didn't really have an inspiration for this piece, I basically just sat down and wrote.