Erolled Loss

I knew he could see the fear and sadness that plagued my eyes. I tried letting it go but only a lump formed signaling tears that were soon to come. He looked directly into my eyes letting me see every hazel radiating from his. I didn't want to lose him. These past few months had been the best I'd ever had and knowing those would be gone made the lump in my throat grow larger.
He hugged me, wrapping his warm arms around me. I was safe, happy. All of this would fall apart the minute he stepped foot onto that bus, sending him off into that dangerous was zone I couldn't bear to imagine. He puled away and wiped a tear.
"That better be the only tear from you while I'm gone. Everything is going to be OK, I'm coming back as soon as I can Babe. This is nothing." he said with such a convincing expression I almost believed him.
"So, I guess this is goodbye." I said , hoping for one last kiss.
"No, this isn't goodbye, just a see you soon." he said, then giving me the last kiss I'd have from him for months.
He got on the bus and I felt that imp again, stronger now. I forced it down, I couldn't let him see any tears. He needed to remember me smiling, proud, and loving.

andreacatalina said...
It was touching , except for the typos "/

SloaneaminSticks<3 said...
there are kind of alot of typos :/ sorry!!