My Follower- Part 1 | Teen Ink

My Follower- Part 1

By iDuNNo33 BRONZE, ....., Other
iDuNNo33 BRONZE, ....., Other

Like any other day, I walked to the coffee shop after school. I bought the usual, and went to sit in the booth in the corner, at the back. I looked up from my coffee, when someone sat down on the creaky chair, up two seats from mine. I noticed it was a boy my age. He was looking at me with glaring, mad eyes, but I could sense a fleck of cautiousness about his look. I instinctively felt a pang of danger sink in. I decided to leave early, and got up to go. I walked by the mysterious boy and was only three steps ahead of his seat when I heard the creak of his chair. I flipped around to face him, when suddenly I realized he wasn’t there. I spinned around nervously looking for him, when finally I gave up, and ran out of the shop.

I decided to go to the mall, because it had lots of people. I went to the bookstore for some peace and quiet. I snuck a magazine to the tables in the back. I sat down and flipped through the pages, when suddenly I heard the crinkling of a newspaper being looked through. I slowly looked up, and sure enough saw the boy. This time he was sitting right across from me. I was terrified but didn’t move. His eyes seemed to burn a hole through my head. Suddenly a woman walked by and the boy turned to dust and blew away with the slight breeze from the woman’s passage. I was so frustrated and scared! I went to my friend’s house for a resolve. She welcomed me in and we went to sit on the couch and watch some T.V. Later she ordered us some Chinese food and told me I was welcome to stay and wait here while she went and got it. Ii accepted, and laid down on the couch. I dozed off for a while, and suddenly opened my eyes. On the floor by my head was the boy. He was looking at the T.V., but judging by his actions from earlier, I guessed he wasn’t watching it. I let out a small yelp, and the boy was gone. I sat up and ran outside. I about how sill it was to run. When I thought it all through, I decided I was going crazy. I went back inside and sat on the couch. I felt the presence of the boy next to me. I looked over and he was only sitting an inch away from me, but we were not touching. He looked over and met my gaze, leaned in, and disappeared. For at that moment the Chinese food arrived.

on Mar. 20 2011 at 9:31 am
teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Ooh. I am intrigued. I will read part 2. 

CLC93 said...
on Nov. 25 2009 at 5:50 pm
I like the idea. It's interesting.