Little Creek Love Story

It all started in the fifth grade. They both attended Little Creek Elementary School. One day, they met on the playground; and from then on they were inseparable.
They spent most of their days together, including lunch and recess entirely. He was a yo-yo expert, and she was just an average little girl who dreamed of being a princess. They spent every day of fifth grade together, but sooner than they ever wanted, that last day came. It was time to say goodbye, not just to elementary school but to him. He had to leave and return home to Washington. She was devastated; she didn’t want him to leave. They had become the best of friends over the past year; and although they were young, he was the closest thing to love she had ever experienced. She thought of him the whole summer, wondering how he was, and if they would ever see each other again. She tried calling him, but unfortunately recieved no answer.

Daisy moved onto Chiodos Middle School. She decided to start over and move past her love for Sam; she knew no matter how much she wanted to, she probably wouldn’t ever see him again. Entering middle school, she was happy and excited to meet new people, and have new experiences. Sixth grade went by way to fast; Daisy made new friends, and met new boys, but still thought of Sam. She kept thinking about him, and how he was doing, and if all was well. In the blink of an eye, Daisy was in seventh grade; a new year, a new time to start over fresh. She started off the new year with new and old friends, and with the prospects for making even more friends. The first day of seventh grade was not what Daisy had predicted. She got sent to the wrong first period class, got lost, and had to find the right class the next day. The next day was better, she even knew somebody in her class. It was one of her friends from sixth grade; Ginger. Daisy and Ginger were looking forward to having first period together because they were always known for having amazing times together. As Daisy walked through the door of her new class, she looked around and sat down nervously. Daisy asked if she could be seated by Ginger, her only friend in her new class, and of course for the sake of comfort, Mr. Angler said yes. Daisy and Ginger were sitting and talking about their experiences from the prior day, when suddenly a boy a few rows in front of them turned around when he heard Ginger speak Daisy’s name. That initial eye contact was just like that day on the playground; they were locked on each other. Both Daisy and Sam realized who each other were, but didn't dare speak.

As the year progressed, they nervously built up the courage to talk to each other. Daisy couldnt help but ask Sam about their past. It was definitely the same Sam; the same nervous emotional little boy Daisy used to play with at recess. Daisy and Sam began to open up to each other, and became freinds again. He later apologized and admitted to "never quite forgetting her." Sam then told Daisy that in the fifth grade he liked her too, solidifying that her love was not just a one-way feeling. Before they realized it, they were in the eighth grade. Both Sam and Daisy ran for Student Leadership, and got their positions. This only making them that much closer. Daisy and Sam continued growing closer, to the point where it was more than just a friendship. Finally, he asked her to their eighth grade dance, the biggest dance of middle school. Daisy of course accepted his invitation. They had the most amazing night with all of their friends, and with each other.
Daisy and Sam finished off the school year, and middle school, with some great memories together and with their friends. They looked back on their lives together thus far, and recognized all of the memories they had created. But then all of their good feelings went away; summer was here, and they would have to be apart for what seemed to be a lifetime.

The purpose of the last assembly of the year was to honor students of all grades who had academic achievements. Both Sam and Daisy were invited; and were awarded the highest honor possible, student of the year.

High school was just around the corner. Daisy was nervous not just because of the rapid change about to happen, but for her and Sam’s relationship. Just the fact that they were in high school; it seemed so surreal. They were both really excited for school to be starting so they could get to see each other again, and attend a new school; Paramore High School. Sam and Daisy ran for Student Leadership again, and were elected. The next three years flew by too fast to catch hardly anything. Junior year Sam finally was allowed to ask Daisy out and of course Daisy said yes; it was what she had been wanting for so long.

Soon it came time for their senior prom; Sam set up a picnic on the beach with daisy’s leading way to Sam sitting there on the blanket. Then he asked her, “Daisy, will you be my date to Prom?” Daisy was so excited; she thought, Could this be any more perfect? Daisy exclaimed, “Yes Sam, of course!” They went to prom together and danced the night away. As prom was cooling down and the hour grew later, prom king and queen were finally announced; and someone spoke the words, “Our prom king is Sam Higgins! And our prom queen is Daisy Boyd!” Daisy and Sam rushed to the stage to accept their crowns, and danced under the spotlight on the dance floor.

Sadly, now it was time for graduation. They arrived, and took pictures, and prepared for they’re diplomas. Daisy was so nervous and sad thinking back on all of the great times she had in her years of schooling, and how these times were unfortunately drawing a close. Daisy was named valedictorian of Paramore High School, and Sam graduated with high honors. As Daisy walked to the stage to give her speech, she began to tear. She gave the best speech she had ever given, and as she walked away from the microphone, a loud roar came from the crowd of rambunctious seniors. School was over. They were both scared to go into the real world, with college and moving out, but they knew it was coming.

Daisy and Sam stayed close and even ended up going to colleges that were within an hours driving time away from each other. Sam and Daisy still dated, and on the night of their five year anniversary, they went out to dinner. They talked about life and how this annniversary should not be a fifth, but should celebrate all the years of their lives together. Acknowledging the fact that they were elementary school sweethearts. Then, in a spur of the moment, Sam got down on one knee, and began to tell Daisy just how much he loved her and how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. From out of his jean's pocket, Sam pulled a little turquoise box. As he nervously opened the box, a beautiful diamond ring was revealed. Sam nervously asked, “Daisy... will you be my princess?” Daisy couldn't help but screamed, "Yes!" She was so happy, after all of those years, he still remembered how she always wanted to be a princess. In fact he even had it engraved on her ring, “My Princess.” They planned an amazing wedding, and Daisy wore a “fit for a princess” wedding dress.

Sam and Daisy will never forget that day they met on the playground at Little Creek Elementary School, or how their eyes locked onto each other. Daisy and Sam lived a very happy married life, they traveled around the world and experienced many things together. Then they decided to settle down and have kids.

They lived happily ever after, just like a fairytale.

RLJoy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OMG, this is amazing! ur such an amzing writer! Keep writing!!!!

sunshine.dez. replied...
Oct. 24, 2009 at 9:12 pm :
thank you so much! :]

HarryPotterFan09 said...
Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:04 am:
That was so good! I loved that it didn't end up being sad...all the time I thought they were going to break up or something. It kept me at the edge of my seat. Amazing work!! :)

sunshine.dez. replied...
Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:15 pm :
thank you so much!
im really glad you enjoyed it.

Goob92997 said...
i loved it.! keep writing. :)

sunshine.dez. replied...
Oct. 5, 2009 at 7:41 pm :
aww thank you so much! :]

writingfan123 said...
wow that was amazing it was intrising i read it my family and they loved it 2 dont stop writing ! i hope u post more storys and i cant wait to read them

sunshine.dez. replied...
Oct. 5, 2009 at 7:42 pm :
thank you so much! ill definitely keep posting things, let me know what you think of them, yeah? :] btw, im glad you and your family liked it. :]

Fredwardness said...
i loved it but next time use more detial i felt like you were leaving alot out

Deserea B. replied...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 11:23 am :
ok. :] thank you for your input.

kamenice said...
I thought this story was interesting. In the first paragraph, you don't say the names of the characters, and that drew me in to read more. You do a great job at capturing the essence of a fifth-grader when you describe the girl and boy as, "He was a yo-yo expert, and she was just an average little girl who dreamed of being a princess." I really liked the part that said, "Daisy and Ginger were sitting talking about their experiences from the prior day, when suddenly a boy a fe... (more »)

Deserea B. replied...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 11:22 am :
thank you. :] im glad you enjoyed it.

TigerLynn replied...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 8:25 pm :
This was a cute little story

sunshine.dez. replied...
Oct. 5, 2009 at 7:42 pm :
thank you TigerLynn. :]

TigerLynn replied...
Oct. 5, 2009 at 11:05 pm :
no thank you, i enjoyed reading it.

sunshine.dez. replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 6:08 pm :
:]
what do you like writing about?

. replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 6:22 pm :
I like different things, right now I have some poems that are pending to be posted online. I think I'm going to write some stories too.

Cassandra replied...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 5:17 pm :
It was a sweet love story, but it really lacked emotion and descriptive words. I don't want to sound too critical but I think your story sounded more like a diary entry instead of a story.

milleycirousstingks replied...
Dec. 14, 2010 at 4:06 pm :
its cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!