Little Creek Love Story

It all started in the fifth grade. They both attended Little Creek Elementary School. One day, they met on the playground; and from then on they were inseparable.
They spent most of their days together, including lunch and recess entirely. He was a yo-yo expert, and she was just an average little girl who dreamed of being a princess. They spent every day of fifth grade together, but sooner than they ever wanted, that last day came. It was time to say goodbye, not just to elementary school but to him. He had to leave and return home to Washington. She was devastated; she didn’t want him to leave. They had become the best of friends over the past year; and although they were young, he was the closest thing to love she had ever experienced. She thought of him the whole summer, wondering how he was, and if they would ever see each other again. She tried calling him, but unfortunately recieved no answer.

Daisy moved onto Chiodos Middle School. She decided to start over and move past her love for Sam; she knew no matter how much she wanted to, she probably wouldn’t ever see him again. Entering middle school, she was happy and excited to meet new people, and have new experiences. Sixth grade went by way to fast; Daisy made new friends, and met new boys, but still thought of Sam. She kept thinking about him, and how he was doing, and if all was well. In the blink of an eye, Daisy was in seventh grade; a new year, a new time to start over fresh. She started off the new year with new and old friends, and with the prospects for making even more friends. The first day of seventh grade was not what Daisy had predicted. She got sent to the wrong first period class, got lost, and had to find the right class the next day. The next day was better, she even knew somebody in her class. It was one of her friends from sixth grade; Ginger. Daisy and Ginger were looking forward to having first period together because they were always known for having amazing times together. As Daisy walked through the door of her new class, she looked around and sat down nervously. Daisy asked if she could be seated by Ginger, her only friend in her new class, and of course for the sake of comfort, Mr. Angler said yes. Daisy and Ginger were sitting and talking about their experiences from the prior day, when suddenly a boy a few rows in front of them turned around when he heard Ginger speak Daisy’s name. That initial eye contact was just like that day on the playground; they were locked on each other. Both Daisy and Sam realized who each other were, but didn't dare speak.

As the year progressed, they nervously built up the courage to talk to each other. Daisy couldnt help but ask Sam about their past. It was definitely the same Sam; the same nervous emotional little boy Daisy used to play with at recess. Daisy and Sam began to open up to each other, and became freinds again. He later apologized and admitted to "never quite forgetting her." Sam then told Daisy that in the fifth grade he liked her too, solidifying that her love was not just a one-way feeling. Before they realized it, they were in the eighth grade. Both Sam and Daisy ran for Student Leadership, and got their positions. This only making them that much closer. Daisy and Sam continued growing closer, to the point where it was more than just a friendship. Finally, he asked her to their eighth grade dance, the biggest dance of middle school. Daisy of course accepted his invitation. They had the most amazing night with all of their friends, and with each other.
Daisy and Sam finished off the school year, and middle school, with some great memories together and with their friends. They looked back on their lives together thus far, and recognized all of the memories they had created. But then all of their good feelings went away; summer was here, and they would have to be apart for what seemed to be a lifetime.

The purpose of the last assembly of the year was to honor students of all grades who had academic achievements. Both Sam and Daisy were invited; and were awarded the highest honor possible, student of the year.

High school was just around the corner. Daisy was nervous not just because of the rapid change about to happen, but for her and Sam’s relationship. Just the fact that they were in high school; it seemed so surreal. They were both really excited for school to be starting so they could get to see each other again, and attend a new school; Paramore High School. Sam and Daisy ran for Student Leadership again, and were elected. The next three years flew by too fast to catch hardly anything. Junior year Sam finally was allowed to ask Daisy out and of course Daisy said yes; it was what she had been wanting for so long.

Soon it came time for their senior prom; Sam set up a picnic on the beach with daisy’s leading way to Sam sitting there on the blanket. Then he asked her, “Daisy, will you be my date to Prom?” Daisy was so excited; she thought, Could this be any more perfect? Daisy exclaimed, “Yes Sam, of course!” They went to prom together and danced the night away. As prom was cooling down and the hour grew later, prom king and queen were finally announced; and someone spoke the words, “Our prom king is Sam Higgins! And our prom queen is Daisy Boyd!” Daisy and Sam rushed to the stage to accept their crowns, and danced under the spotlight on the dance floor.

Sadly, now it was time for graduation. They arrived, and took pictures, and prepared for they’re diplomas. Daisy was so nervous and sad thinking back on all of the great times she had in her years of schooling, and how these times were unfortunately drawing a close. Daisy was named valedictorian of Paramore High School, and Sam graduated with high honors. As Daisy walked to the stage to give her speech, she began to tear. She gave the best speech she had ever given, and as she walked away from the microphone, a loud roar came from the crowd of rambunctious seniors. School was over. They were both scared to go into the real world, with college and moving out, but they knew it was coming.

Daisy and Sam stayed close and even ended up going to colleges that were within an hours driving time away from each other. Sam and Daisy still dated, and on the night of their five year anniversary, they went out to dinner. They talked about life and how this annniversary should not be a fifth, but should celebrate all the years of their lives together. Acknowledging the fact that they were elementary school sweethearts. Then, in a spur of the moment, Sam got down on one knee, and began to tell Daisy just how much he loved her and how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. From out of his jean's pocket, Sam pulled a little turquoise box. As he nervously opened the box, a beautiful diamond ring was revealed. Sam nervously asked, “Daisy... will you be my princess?” Daisy couldn't help but screamed, "Yes!" She was so happy, after all of those years, he still remembered how she always wanted to be a princess. In fact he even had it engraved on her ring, “My Princess.” They planned an amazing wedding, and Daisy wore a “fit for a princess” wedding dress.

Sam and Daisy will never forget that day they met on the playground at Little Creek Elementary School, or how their eyes locked onto each other. Daisy and Sam lived a very happy married life, they traveled around the world and experienced many things together. Then they decided to settle down and have kids.

They lived happily ever after, just like a fairytale.

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:35 pm:
It was very sweet, but you might want to add some more detail and make it a bit more realistic.  Great story, though!

sunshine.dez replied...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 5:20 pm :
thank you:]

Inkpress00 said...
It was admittedly a little cheesy, but sweet overall. Good job!

JustWriting said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 4:32 pm:
I loved this, through the whole story i was kind of dreading something sad was going to happen, but then thankfully nothing bad happened. Anyway i loved your work keep on writing. And people PLEASE read my stuff: TeenInk.com/fiction/romance/article/189455/In-the-end/

sunshine.dez replied...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 5:18 pm :
thanks:] haha i was trying to not let it turn bad. and yeah sorry you thought it was cheesy, but like the beginning half of it was actually true...so yeah. haha

sunshine.dez replied...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 5:19 pm :
sorry the thing about being cheesy was to the person above you :] lol

writergirl13 said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 1:17 pm:
It was good, but you might want to pay a little more attention to spelling and grammar. Also, I think you should have added a little more emotion to it, and maybe a few conflicts, just to make the reader think "Will they end up together?"     And consider making it sound a little less like a summary. NOT TO BE MEAN WITH ALL THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just my opinion. And besides, constructive criticism is helpful. :) :)          ... (more »)

sunshine.dez replied...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 5:16 pm :
thanks:] yeah i wrote this like 3 years ago...haha. but thank you for the criticism:]

monstrosity said...
Feb. 13, 2010 at 9:22 pm:
I agree it was a tad choppy, but I had an amazing sunshine-bubbly feeling at the end that made me so so happy!

sunshine.dez replied...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 5:15 pm :
it was actually an assignment for a class, so i had to cut it shorter then i wouldve liked:/ but thanks, and glad you felt that way! :]

LeslieAnn said...
The way its written leaves something to be desired. Work on explaining things without breaking the story line up, it just feels too choppy and not enough detail.

summerlover replied...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 10:32 pm :
Your comment re-instates everything that I was going to say. I think this could have been an even better story had you had slowed down the overall fast paced lives of Sam and Daisy. A little more detail and time spent on the time between each passing year would have made your story that much better. Thanks for sharing!

sunshine.dez. said...
thank you. :] i wish it wouldve happened too.

sunshine.dez. said...
thanks. :] and yes, it was true actually. i just changed the names. haha. and oh man, im sorry to hear that. :/

bayleegurl replied...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 6:25 am :
Sunshine you are such a good writer! Is ythis story about your parents (u dno thave to asnwer)

KerAnn said...
I wish this would have happened. Instead of all the hearts that ive broken and all the guys who have broken my heart. This was amazing. :]

sunshine.dez. replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 8:02 pm :
i wish that couldve happened too. :] the story was real up until the high school part.

sunshine.dez. said...
Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:08 am:
it may have sounded more like a diary because it was about real life, i just changed names. haha. :]

Natie replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 3:30 am :
awwww <3 this was wayy too cute :D i thought it was a little played out at first, with the whole bff thing in elementary...but then when i read the part about him moving away and all the other good stuff, i really didnt know which path it would take: they forgeting each other, or theyll be reunited ? but other than that i thought the whole thing was awesome :D keep writing ! oh awww so its really real life? ehehe it sorta reminds me of me and this dude that ive known since the 6th, and now im... (more »)

wildflowers said...
Aw, this was so cute.

RLJoy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OMG, this is amazing! ur such an amzing writer! Keep writing!!!!